- The ET2 is stunning to look and is beautifully constructed. Its stands apart from the rest of its competitors with an elegance that is hard to match.
- The ET2 was designed with flexibility in mind, including home theater pass-through capability, as well as a circuit design to virtually eliminate amplifier-matching issues.
- Simple circuit design interferes as little as possible with the source signal and preservation of tonal accuracy and musicality.
- The ET2's build quality is off the charts.
- If you have balanced cables in your system, then the ET2 will cause all sorts of headaches, as it's a single-ended-only unit. Your choices are to use adapters, which I personally despise, or buy new cables. I truly feel a preamp of this caliber should offer balanced options.
- The styling is very polarizing: you either love it or you hate it. Sorry, no other colors are offered.
The Conrad-Johnson ET2 is a beautiful preamp and should integrate quite easily into the most complex audio/home theater systems, provided you don't use balanced cables. The unit was designed by some of the best in the business and has the performance to prove it. If you are looking for a new preamplifier and don't mind a little bling on your equipment rack, the ET2 may be just what you are looking for.