Lexicon┬«, Inc., a Harman International company (NYSE: HAR), has made available the v1.21 software for the MC-12 HD and MC-12 HD EQ Music and Cinema Digital Controllers. This latest update is free and acts as an upgrade of the v1.20 software. The v1.21 introduces compatibility with Pioneer Kuro Plasma and Sony KDS monitors. It also resolves the video artifacts issue with Toshiba HD-DVD players and the loss of center channel condition that can occur while using the Logic 7┬« multi-channel surround modes. This software also integrates all features of v1.20, which offers support for HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) 1080p signals at 60Hz, 50Hz and 24Hz frame rates and further underscores the MC-12 HD as the industry standard for multi-channel processors for film and music reproduction. The v1.21 software update will now be incorporated into all new Lexicon MC-12 HD processors at no additional charge, or for current owners, is available through Lexicon authorized dealers and distributors or on-line as a Free download.
Because HDMI is a digital interface, it provides the best video quality, since there are no lossy analog to digital conversions as are required for all analog connections (such as component or S-video). The difference is especially noticeable at higher resolutions such as 1080p. Digital video will be sharper than component, and eliminates the softness and ghosting found with component.
About The MC-12 HD
The MC-12 HD features six HDMI inputs, one HDMI output with onscreen display, and up-conversion of composite and S-video inputs to component video output. Complementing its HDMI switcher, the MC-12 HD includes an analog video switcher with up-conversion to component video. The component video switcher accepts analog component video signals, including all HDTV signals, while a composite and S-video switcher accepts high-quality NTSC, PAL and SECAM video signals. The MC-12 HD also includes Serial RS-232 communication capabilities to support third party integrated control systems.
Designed to match the industrial design of Lexicon's home theater products, the MC-12 HD is a 12-channel digital controller with built-in digital audio processing, 12 configurable inputs and 3 zones. It offers a user interface with advanced audio technologies including automatic room calibration as well as Logic 7 and the most popular surround decoding formats. Also available in balanced and unbalanced versions.
The feature set of the MC-12 HD includes:
• Twelve channels, twelve configurable inputs, and three zones
• Six High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) inputs
• Up-conversion of composite and S-Video inputs to component video output
• Automatic speaker distance and output level calibration
• Lexicon room EQ (standard with EQ model, optional on other models)
• 5.1-channel analog audio input
• Analog bypass for stereo and 5.1-channel analog audio inputs
• Two 24-bit/192 kHz digital-to-analog converters for each main audio output channel
• Balanced main and second zone audio outputs (except for the base MC-12 HD)
• Thirteen digital audio inputs
• Two digital audio outputs
• Automatic switching between analog and digital audio inputs
• Four component video inputs with full HDTV compatibility
• RCA and professional-grade BNC component video inputs/outputs
• Three S-video and two composite video inputs
• Logic 7 technology
• Lexicon LIVE• technology
• Dolby┬« Digital Surround EX and Dolby Pro Logic┬« IIx decoding
• DTS┬« 96/24, DTS Neo:6, and DTS-ES (matrix and discrete) decoding
• THX Ultra2┬« and THX Surround EX decoding
• Three trigger outputs, one rear panel IR input and RS-232 control
• Four microphone inputs
• Rack-mount option
The Lexicon MC-12 HD with new v1.21 software is currently available from authorized Lexicon dealers at the following prices:
MC-12B HD EQ (Balanced/XLR with EQ) $13,999.00 US MSRP
MC-12B HD (Balanced/XLR) $10,999.00 US MSRP
MC-12 HD (Unbalanced) $ 9,999.00 US MSRP