• The HK 3490 features a wide selection of audio inputs, including a phono input and digital audio inputs.
• The receiver enables ready integration, control and playback of an
iPod, using the optional The Bridge II docking station from Harman
• The sound quality is excellent and the receiver has plenty of power
at 120 watts per channel into eight ohms (150 wpc into four ohms).
• The HK 3490 is one of the best-looking audio components out there at its price.
• Dual speaker outputs and dual subwoofer outputs enable multi-room
music playback and the ability to add multiple subwoofers to a system.
• There are no HDMI, component or S-video connections - if you need
full-fledged A/V receiver connectivity, you'll need a different
• To enjoy the full iPod capabilities the HK 3490 offers, you'll have to purchase the Bridge II iPod docking station separately.
The Harman Kardon HK 3490 stereo receiver combines excellent sound
quality with plenty of power (120 watts per channel into eight ohms),
an extensive selection of audio inputs, including a phono input and
dedicated iPod interface (via the optional Harman Kardon The Bridge II
docking station), and other useful features like XM Radio
compatibility, Dolby Virtual Speaker and Dolby Headphone, dual
subwoofer outputs and other useful features. It's a good choice for
listeners who want to put together a high-quality stereo music system,
or add high-quality sound to their TV and home entertainment system.
• Find great source components to hook up to the HK 3490.