• The speaker delivers clear, high-quality sound in a variety of applications.
• The speaker's sleek shape disappears into a room more readily than a box-shaped speaker on a bracket.
• The JBL Control NOW is also available in an outdoor version, the JBL Control NOW AW.
• Since the bass rolls off starting at 80Hz, it should be used with a subwoofer for surround sound home theater installations.
• The four-inch woofers mean you're not going to be able to crank it up as much as a bigger speaker would allow.
• The pole-mounting bracket is optional rather than included (not a deal-breaker for users who don't want to pole-mount the speakers and who won't need the brackets).
• The speaker's unconventional design might not be for everyone.
Competition and Comparison
If you are interested in comparing JBL's Control NOW loudspeaker against its competition, be sure to read our reviews for Boston Acoustics SoundWare loudspeakers and the Klipsch RB-61 loudspeaker. You can also find more information by checking out our Bookshelf Speaker section and out JBL brand page.
The JBL Control NOW is one of the few speakers to come along in recent memory that offers a genuinely new design angle (pun intended). It does what its designers intended it to - it delivers high-quality sound in a variety of installation situations. If you have the need, this speaker can be just what the doctor ordered.