• Stylish and elegant for a large subwoofer. This isn't one you'll want to hide in a corner, nor should you. However, if you must, the sheer level of control will ensure you get the most out of your investment.
• One of the fastest subwoofers I've ever encountered, regardless of price. There are many subs that cost way more than the Gotham that can't match its level of performance and output.
• The Gotham is surprisingly musical for a brute of a sub, possessing nuance, texture and grace, even when thrashed at insane levels.
• When it comes to multi-channel music or movies, the Gotham is in a league all its own, with few rivals.
• The Gotham's front-mounted controls and auto room optimization are absolute godsends.
• While supremely attractive, the Gotham is large and may be a bit much for smaller and some medium-sized rooms. If you require a smaller sub, I would look to JL Audio's Fathom sub.
• The Gotham is a blue-chip subwoofer that should be paired with loudspeakers of equal prowess and status in order to get the most for your money in terms of overall performance.
In terms of reference-grade, or should I say weapons-grade, subwoofers, the Gotham by JL Audio knows few equals. Sure it's a bit pricey at $12,000, but your dollar is buying you more than just quality. It's also buying also you peace of mind that you'll own one of the very best subwoofers in the market today. With a feature set that rivals those of most AV preamps, the Gotham is a no-holds-barred assault on your senses. It's part jackhammer, part scalpel, for no matter what source material you throw at it, you won't faze it. It is exceedingly musical when called for, but can also throw down with subs costing much, much more. It is a reference-grade subwoofer by which others should be judged. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.