Lexicon®, Inc., a Harman International company (NYSE: HAR), introduces its ZX-7 Power Amplifier. Featuring 300 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (450 Watts per channel into 4 Ohms), the ZX-7 was specifically designed to complement Lexicon's MC series of Digital Controllers.
The ZX-7 is a fully balanced power amplifier from input to output with completely symmetrical circuit design. In other words, each channel consists of two complete amplifier circuits: one driving the positive input signal and the other driving the negative input signal. With 7 channels, this translates into 14 separate amplifier circuits per chassis. The advantage of this topology over single-ended designs is that it exhibits lower noise, lower distortion and immunity from stray electronic fields and anomalies in the input signal from outside interference. Internally, the ZX-7 utilizes dual massive toroidal transformers and ample filter capacitance.
The ZX-7 also employs heavy-duty, chassis-mounted input and output connectors including balanced audio inputs via RCA or XLR connectors. A trigger input connector (to power on and off with the preamp/processor) allows the amplifiers to be controlled with associated components such as the Lexicon series of preamp/processors.
Equipped with advanced thermal, current, DC and speaker protection, the ZX-7 power amplifier can be matched with most loudspeakers. The ZX-7 also features embedded protection against short circuits, component failures, mis-wiring and internal faults.
The Lexicon ZX-7 Power Amplifier is available at an MSRP of $7999.00.
The ZX-7 power amplifier highlights:
• Fully balanced topology
• 300 Watts per channel (7) @ 8 Ohms from 20 Hz to 20 kHz
• 450 Watts per channel (7) @ 4 Ohms from 20 Hz to 20 kHz
• Frequency Response 20 Hz to 20 kHz +0.1 dB/-0.2 dB
• THD Less than 0.05% at full rated FTC power 20 Hz-20 kHz; Less than 0.005% at full FTC power at 1 kHz
• Signal-to-Noise Ratio: Greater than -110 dB below rated full rated power A-Weighted
• IM Distortion: Less than 0.03% at full rated power
• Crosstalk: Greater than -80 dB @ 1 KHz (30 kHz bandwidth)
• Damping Factor: Greater than 200 @ 20 Hz (ref 8 Ohms)
• Input Sensitivity: 2 volts for 300W out into 8 Ohms
• Input Impedance: Minimum 10K Ohms
• Gain: 28 dB ± 0.5 dB
• Trigger Input: 3.3V minimum to 24V maximum DC
• Audio Input Connectors: 7 RCA, 7 XLR
• Audio Output Connectors: 7 pairs of gold-plated binding posts
• Dual oversized toroidal power transformers with lots of filter capacity ensures rock-solid bass
• High-power supply voltage for extra headroom at the outputs
• Stable with mismatched, reactive, or unusual loads
• Thermal protection against overheating
• Rack-mount option available
• Staggered power-on sequence to reduce noises from connected equipment and to limit turn-on AC draw
• High damping factor (no output relays) ensure realistic, impressive bass transients
• Weight: 145 lbs (65.2 kg)
• Height: 9.70 inches (246mm) (with feet), 8.70 inches (221mm) (without feet)
• Width: 17.3 inches (439mm)
• Depth: 20.3 inches (516mm) (Overall with Handles)