• The PT-AE7000U is a 3D-capable 1080p LCD projector. It uses active 3D technology
, with a built-in IR emitter.
• The projector uses an auto iris to improve its contrast ratio.
• 480Hz and 3D Overdrive technologies are designed to reduce crosstalk and improve brightness with 3D content.
• Frame Creation 2 is available for blur and judder reduction.
• Dual lamp modes allow you to tailor the projector's light output to suit your viewing environment.
• It has three HDMI inputs, as well as a 12-volt trigger and an RS-232 port.
• The projector offers numerous picture adjustments for 2D and 3D content.
Motorized zoom and focus controls, as well as lens shifting, are
included for easier setup. Lens memory allows you to create 16:9 and
2.35:1 aspect ratios and easily switch between them.Low Points
• The package does not included any 3D glasses.
• Panasonic has opted to use IR instead of RF for its sync emitter.
Competition and Comparison
Compare the Panasonic PT-AE7000U with its
competition by reading the reviews for the JVC DLA-X3
Optoma HD8300. You can also check out the Sony VPL-HW30ES,
Sharp XV-Z17000, Mitsubishi HC7800D, and Epson Home Cinema 5010. Learn
more about 3D Projectors by visiting our Video Projectors
With an MSRP of $3,499 and a street price around
$3,000, the Panasonic PT-AE7000U looks to be a compelling contender in
the entry-level 3D projection category. It offers an excellent level of
setup flexibility and advanced picture adjustment, and early performance
reviews have been very positive. Even if you're not interested in 3D
capability, the PT-AE7000U makes a strong case on its 2D merits,
especially for the more demanding but still budget-conscious videophile
who appreciates the availability of numerous adjustments to fine-tune
the image.Additional Resources
• Read more projector reviews
from HomeTheaterReview.com's staff of writers.
• Explore screens in our Projector Screen Review section