Velodyne DD+ 10 Subwoofer Reviewed
By: Steven Stone,
HTR Product Rating
- 4.5 Stars
- 4 Stars
- 4.5 Stars
Disagree with our product rating? Email us and tell us why you think this product should receive a higher rating.
• The DD+ series has the lowest distortion figures for any subwoofer that Velodyne has ever made.
• Multiple set-up options make it so the DD+ series is both user and room-friendly.
• The DD+ subwoofer's remote control has six EQ presets as well as volume and mute.
• This subwoofer is beautifully built and styled to be far more than another big black box.
• Not the most cost-effective or highest value-for-the-dollar subwoofer from Velodyne.
• Should be set-up via a computer by a knowledgeable installer for optimal performance.
• Prospective buyers with small rooms or small speakers don't need this level of performance.
Competition and Comparisons
As I mentioned earlier, the DD+'s chief competitor in terms of both price and performance is JL Audio's Fathom Subwoofer line of products beginning with the F110. For the latest subwoofer news and reviews please check out Home Theater Review's Subwoofer page.
If you are looking for the highest level of performance from a subwoofer, the DD+ series should be on your short list. Only the JL Audio Fathom and Gotham subwoofers offer a similar level of performance, ergonomics, and overall fit and finish. Worthy of installation in even the finest cost-no-object systems, the DD+ series reestablishes Velodyne's place as one of the premier subwoofer manufacturers in the world today.