AfterShokz has introduced a new bone conduction headphone, the Trekz Titanium. Bone conduction technology transmits audio to the inner ear through the skull, bypassing the eardrums--which makes it a good choice for sports headphones, where the user still wants to be able to hear what's going on around them in an outdoor environment. The wireless Trekz Titanium includes Bluetooth technology and is designed to play for six hours on a single charge. The MSRP is $129, but you can get the headphones now via Indiegogo for $99.
AfterShokz, the award-winning headphone brand known for its patented bone conduction technology, announces its new sport headphone, Trekz Titanium.
Designed to ensure the ultimate level of awareness and comfort--without compromising on premium sound--Trekz Titanium are wireless, open-ear sport headphones made to ensure safety, perfect for runners, cyclists, hikers and more. Trekz Titanium with PremiumPitch+ delivers exceptional sound quality with AfterShokz's patented technology, delivering dynamic range and truly powerful bass.
"This is a big step for AfterShokz, entering into a new design and dimension for bone conduction," says Bruce Borenstein, CEO of AfterShokz. "Trekz Titanium is a response to the feedback that we received from customers and addresses the concerns that users have with bone conduction headphones. We've fine tuned the design for comfort and optimized the technology to produce premium sound."
Trekz Titanium uses bone conduction technology to transmit audio waves to the inner ears through the skull, bypassing the eardrums completely. Place them on your cheekbones, just in front of your ears. This leaves your ear canals open, allowing you to remain alert and aware of ambient sounds while you enjoy your music. Bluetooth connectivity gives you the ability to be free of wires and make and receive phone calls.
Trekz Titanium Features:
OpenFit - promising uncompromised situational awareness and extended comfort in a revolutionary open ear design. That means you can tune in to your music or a call without tuning out the world around you – vital for staying safe and alert as you move through the day.
• PremiumPitch+ Sound - Bone conduction audio has earned its bad reputation due to a blend of natural sound leakage and weak bass. PremiumPitch+ technology optimizes the sound and includes additional features like LeakSlayer technology, which ensures music is directed exactly where it should be.
Titanium Frame: The backbone of the industrial design is a premium titanium frame, an element chosen not only for its strength and durability, but also for its infinite flexibility, which will deliver maximum comfort, portability and the very best sound.
• Sweat Resistant: Built to power through daily sweat sessions and wicked weather. IP55 rated to repel sweat, moisture and dust.
• Six Hours of Music and Calls: A single charge will reliably deliver six hours of music play and talk time. You can charge fully in 1.5 hours, but a quick 15-minute charge provides enough boost to get you through a long workout or marathon call.
• Noise Canceling Mics: Precisely placed dual noise canceling microphones exclude surrounding noise, effectively enhancing speech.
• Voice Prompts: Audrey Says seamlessly guide you through power, pair, play and talk, and everything in between.
Trekz Titanium is now available at an early-bird discount on Indiegogo, starting at a price of $99 (MSRP $129).