Andrea Electronics Corporation, a developer of digital noise reduction and echo cancellation software and active noise cancellation technologies, has announced the rollout of their new retail product line at the CEA Line Show in New York. The CEA Line Show is the CE industry's official mid-year conference and tech showcase and is expected to attract more than 1000 media, NY-area retailers and thought leaders from across the country. The new retail line is anchored by its flagship NC-185 digital USB headset that utilizes the patented PureAudio Voice Solutions Software Suite that enhances intelligibility and audio quality for PC applications such as enterprise unified communications.
"In a world where greater numbers of employees are working from home, computers have become an important communication gateway. This has resulted in companies deploying applications to their home based knowledge workers like VoIP, audio and video conferencing and speech recognition, all of which the quality of the human interface into the network is critical," stated Douglas Andrea, Chairman and CEO of Andrea Electronics Corporation. "Much like the telephone handset was the human interface into the old telephone network, in today's office equipped with IP network Unified Communications, the human interface has migrated from the telephone handset to a professional grade headset or array microphone. Andrea's products and technology provide users with professional office communication experience even in the most challenging home and mobile noise environments."
In business for over 75 years, Andrea's embedded PC audio solutions have been shipped on millions of Dell and HP notebooks today. Andrea's AudioCommander and VoiceCenter applications provide a unified communication audio experience through:
• Andrea's PureAudio patented noise reduction speech enhancement algorithm for environments with significant ambient noise.
• Andrea's EchoStop patented full duplex acoustic echo cancellation algorithm for VoIP communications with simultaneous speaker broadcast and microphone transmit simultaneously.
• Andrea's AudioCommander patented Software provides a PC audio control panel for controlling microphone and speaker volume, a 10-band graphic equalizer with 18 built-in presets and PureAudio noise reduction control.
• Andrea's VoiceCenter digital audio/voice recording software has unlimited recording time compressed audio/voice files (WMA format) that can be sent via e-mail or by dragging-and-dropping audio or other voice files into Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and other applications that support audio functionality.
"The introduction of our retail line empowers everyone to transform their PC audio experience," states Roland Nutter, Director of Product Marketing for Andrea Electronics Corporation. "Whether you are using VoIP, streaming video from YouTube, using game chat or simply listening to music, Andrea's products will reduce the background noise, eliminate the echo and give you a studio quality audio experience."
At the heart of Andrea's audio technology platform is the USB-SA digital sound card adapter, that when plugged in activates the Andrea PureAudio software suite to customize the audio of any notebook or PC. Andrea's PureAudio suite provides users with built in features like echo cancellation, noise reduction, equalizer, and an audio recorder. With a standard 3.5mm microphone and speaker interface on one end and a USB plug on the other, the Andrea USB-SA is compatible with any analog headset, microphone or set of speakers.
The new retail line up consists of the follow products that are available to order today:
• Array 2S w/USB-SA bundle The Andrea USB-SA (Sound Adapter) is the heart of the Andrea's audio technology platform. In essence, it is an external digital sound card that customizes the audio experience, by activating the Andrea PureAudio software suite. The PureAudio software suite adds sound studio-type features to a notebook or PC. The USB-SA is also bundled with the Andrea SuperBeam Stereo Array Microphone (Array 2S). The Array 2S was designed to take advantage of Andrea DSDA beam forming audio input software which, according to the company, reduces background noise and improves far field speech accuracy. For small office/home office (SoHo) settings using Internet telephony, the company claims it enhances audio/video-conferencing and continuous speech recognition applications. MSRP: $49.95
• NC-185 VM USB Digital stereo USB headset, with in-line volume and mute controls and PureAudio USB digital audio, which includes Andrea's complete PureAudio Voice Solutions Software Suite. MSRP: $54.95
• NC-181 VM USB A digital monaural (single ear) USB headset, with in-line volume and mute controls and PureAudio USB digital audio, which includes Andrea's complete PureAudio Voice Solutions Software Suite. MSRP: $49.95
• BT-200 Bluetooth Noise Canceling Headset equipped with Andrea's noise cancellation microphone technology for use with most mobile phones and PCs, wirelessly connecting the headset through a standard Bluetooth interface. The BT-200 is provides hands free mobile communications in noisy environments. MSRP: $49.95
• SG-100 Unidirectional Shotgun Microphone offers a single element microphone to upgrade a portable voice recorder's internal microphone. MSRP: $79.95
• NC-185 VM Analog stereo headset offering a noise canceling microphone for VoIP and speech recognition applications. MSRP: $34.95
• NC-125 VM A stereo PC headset with in-line volume and mute that plugs into the built in sound card or into the Andrea USB-SA (sold separately). MSRP: $24.95