No home theater system is complete without a great subwoofer. While it’s easy to overlook the bass channel when sketching out your blueprint for audio nirvana, a potent subwoofer is the keystone of your setup, complementing every other component. When properly placed and tuned, it holds down the foundation of your music and movies with equal parts power and clarity. That’s why getting the best subwoofer for your room (and budget) is so important.
The size, design, and quality of your subwoofer are all things to consider before pulling the trigger. For those with small rooms looking to simply add some gravitas to the mix, an 8-inch subwoofer may suffice. If you’ve got a bigger room and want serious power and air displacement, a 12-inch (or larger) subwoofer is preferable. And of course, you can always double-up with two (or more) subs if you’re looking to fully replicate the theater experience.
Below are our favorite subwoofers in a wide variety of sizes and price points. From 16-inch monsters to 8-inch budget buys, the best subwoofer for your setup lies below.
- Best Overall: SVS PB16-Ultra 16" 1500-watt Ported Subwoofer - Check Price
- Best 12-inch Subwoofer: SVS SB-4000 Subwoofer - Check Price
- Best 8-inch Subwoofer: SVS 3000 Micro Subwoofer - Check Price
- Best Subwoofer For Music: Focal Sub 1000F 12” powered subwoofer - Check Price
- Best Budget Subwoofer: Kanto Sub8 Powered Subwoofer - Check Price
- Best Subwoofer Under $100:Monoprice Premium Select 8” subwoofer - Check Price