Capitalizing on exclusive system ingredients and audio expertise, Bowers & Wilkins continues to extend the boundaries of its entertainment systems in the all-new Maserati Quattroporte.
Bowers & Wilkins recently announced that the 2013 Quattroporte will feature a new high-performance sound system. The surround system builds on Bowers & Wilkins in-car audio performance by adding exclusive new elements and ingredients.
The new surround system draws on Bowers & Wilkins technologies and use of materials to raise audio performance to new levels. The system's components utilize a combination of high-performance, low-distortion speaker designs, including extended range aluminum tweeters, Kevlar midrange units, and Rohacell woofers, reflecting components found in Bowers & Wilkins premium loudspeakers.
The 15-speaker system is powered by a HARMAN high-efficiency multichannel DSP amplifier, incorporating its QuantumLogic surround technology. The new surround technology allows customers a choice of listening modes.
• 15 speaker system featuring:
• 25 mm extended-range aluminium tweeters (dashboard (L/C/R), rear doors)
• 100 mm Kevlar midrange drivers (front doors, centre dashboard, rear parcel shelf (L/R))
• 165 mm carbon-fibre/Rohacell bass drivers (front doors)
• 165 mm Kevlar bass/midrange driver (rear doors)
• 320 mm x 200mm subwoofer (rear parcel shelf)
• 1,280 watt, high-efficiency Class-D amplifier featuring HARMAN QuantumLogic Surround