The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) has become increasingly friendly to the consumer. They have allowed non-industry related individuals on the floor of CES. Now, they are allowing consumers to sign up for a Tech Enthusiast Membership.
• Read more industry trade news from HomeTheaterReview.com.
This membership, as the name would imply, is designed for those that are fanatical about technology. These are people that are early adopters. They support consumer electronics at every opportunity. If that is you, you can sign up for a $29 annual membership (currently discounted from $49).
The membership grants several benefits:
• Exclusive, members-only website
• Insider info on the latest consumer technology news
• Opportunities to beta test new products
• Special discounts from CEA member companies
Sounds like an excellent opportunity to bring the consumer more into the fold of the consumer electronics world, which seems to be one of the current concentrations of CEA. It's hard to see how that could be a bad thing.