At last week’s Integrated Systems Europe 2015 show in Amsterdam, Crestron demoed its new DM-RMC-4K-SCALER-C DigitalMedia receiver and room controller that supports scaling up to 4K/60Hz. The recevier’s exclusive scaler chip was developed in-house by Crestron and converts any resolution and frame rate to any other resolution and frame rate, up to 4,096 x 2,160 at 60 Hz. We’ve assembled more product details below.
From Crestron’s website:
The DM-RMC-4K-SCALER-C provides an advanced one-box interface solution for a single display device as part of a complete Crestron DigitalMedia system. It functions as a DM 8G+ receiver, 4K video scaler, and control interface, providing a single HDMI output along with an analog audio output, plus Ethernet, RS-232, IR, and relay control ports. In addition to DM 8G+, it is also compatible with HDBaseT, allowing it to be connected directly to an HDBaseT-certified source. Built-in scaling enables the connected display to handle virtually any video signal–including 4K and Ultra HD! Its compact, low-profile design allows the DM-RMC-4K-SCALER-C to be installed discreetly behind a flat-panel display or above a ceiling-mounted projector. It connects to the head end or source location using a single CAT type twisted pair cable.
From Crestron’s press release:
The all-new DM-RMC-4K-SCALER-C fulfills a core component of the DM 3.0 digital standard: uncompressed bit-for-bit 4K/60 distribution and scaling, with brilliant razor-sharp images and smooth motion.
Scaling goes upscale
The DM-RMC-4K-SCALER-C is an engineering marvel. It converts any resolution and frame rate to any other resolution and frame rate, up to 4096×2160 at 60 Hz.
With the DM-RMC-4K-SCALER-C you can:
• Upscale 1080p and higher resolutions of the latest laptops and mobile devices to display on the latest 4K displays at their full 60Hz frame rate.
• Downscale 4K sources to properly display on 1080p displays.
• Intelligently convert frame rates for 24p and PAL sources, as well as convert 4K/30Hz content to 1080p60 or 4K/60Hz. The DM-RMC-4K-SCALER-C is the only scaler on the market that can do this.
• Create video walls, even spreading a 4K source across 1080p displays while maintaining full resolution.
Room solution in a box
The DM-RMC-4K-SCALER-C provides an advanced one-box interface solution for a single display device as part of a complete DM system. It functions as a DM receiver, 4K/60Hz video scaler, and control interface, providing a single HDMI output along with Ethernet, RS-232, IR, and relay control ports.
High-quality video, wall to wall
The DM-RMC-4K-SCALER-C delivers high-quality video wall processing. Using the zoom capability on its output to display just a portion of the source image, it can support up to 64 individual displays–for example, an eight-by-eight video wall.
Keeps a low profile
At just over an inch deep, the DM-RMC-4K-SCALER-C fits easily and discreetly behind a flat panel display or above a ceiling-mounted projector. All connections are located on its sides to provide easy access and visibility for a clean, easily serviceable installation.
• For more information on the DM-RMC-4K-SCALER-C, visit the product page on Crestron’s website.
• Crestron Introduces Wireless Touchscreen Controller with Voice Command Recognition at HomeTheaterReview.com.