• The Mythos Ten's fit and finish is first rate making them one of the most elegant on-wall speakers available today.
• The high frequency performance of the Mythos Tens challenges what any long-term audiophile would've thought possible from such a simple, aluminum design. The Mythos Ten's high frequency performance is equal to and in some regards surpasses more exotic driver materials being used by higher end speakers today.
• The Mythos Ten's midrange is a delight and probably the speaker's greatest weapon; it is equally adept at reproducing both music and movie soundtracks with excellent results.
• While not full range the Mythos Ten's bass performance is solid, taut and agile and mates well with a wide variety of subwoofers.
• For true full range sound you're going to want to mate the Mythos Ten with a subwoofer, which isn't a deal breaker but does add to the overall system's bottom line.
• The Mythos Ten's binding posts are of a high quality though their placement and implementation can make connecting larger gauge wire a bit tricky.
At just under $900 apiece the Mythos Tens from Definitive Technology aren't the cheapest on-walls you can buy today but they are arguably one of the best sounding. When you consider their on-wall pedigree and the fact that they compete favorably with (and in some instances surpass) larger, bulkier floorstanding speakers, their asking price begins to make a bit more sense. If you've just purchased a larger HDTV and are looking for the right speaker to complement your no doubt killer video, look no further than the Mythos Ten from Definitive Technology.