• Visually the Mythos Twos complement a wide variety of today's modern HDTVs and are the perfect size and shape for even larger, 50 plus inch displays.
• Sonically, the Mythos Twos sound more like small floor standing speakers, when positioned properly, than on-wall speakers. They have a full bodied, rich and textured sound that is almost full range in a very elegant, compact chassis.
• When using five Mythos Two speakers in a surround sound configuration you'll be treated to a seamless 360 degree wall of sound that rivals costlier systems and replicates a movie theater-like experience that has to be heard to be believed.
• The aluminum dome tweeter in the Mythos Two is capable of astonishing levels of air and extension without coming off as brittle, metallic or harsh.
• Be it music or movies, the Mythos Two's midrange is warm, inviting, agile and clear as a bell.
• For those of you with medium to larger sized rooms you'll want to make sure to mate a subwoofer or two to the Mythos Twos for true full range sound, which isn't a bad thing but does add to the cost of ownership.
• The Mythos Two's binding posts, while robust, are a bit cramped and can't really accept larger gauges of wire. Use bare or banana terminated cables for best results.
• The included wall mount is a nice touch and shows that Definitive does go the extra mile for its customers. However, unless you're using "flat" speaker cable you're going to want to run your speaker cables through the walls for a more professional looking installation. If you rent or are unwilling to cut holes in your drywall you may want to keep the Mythos Twos on their included tempered glass bases.
For just under $550 each the Mythos Twos are an absolute bargain and a performance juggernaut. I can think of few speakers that can do what the Mythos Twos can in terms of overall performance, especially considering their on-wall pedigree. If I were building a high performance, receiver- or separates-based home theater on a budget, the Mythos Two on-wall speakers would be on my short list of "must audition" loudspeakers.