Denon has added a new product to its HEOS lineup of multi-room audio products. The new HEOS Drive is a four-zone, eight-channel Class D amplifier that offers 70 watts per channel in a 3.5-inch-tall chassis. It allows you to power up to four HEOS zones through a single unit, and it includes a variety of inputs and a dedicated preamp output for each zone. The HEOS Drive will be available in July for $2,499.
Denon Electronics continues the evolution by announcing the new HEOS Drive network multi-room amplifier, the latest addition to the HEOS multi-room sound system. The powerful four-zone, eight-channel multi-room amplifier covers all HEOS zones with a single 2U tall, rack mountable chassis--ideal for custom installers. The newest addition to the Denon HEOS Series is expected to be available in July for $2,499.
With similar functionality to both the HEOS Amp and HEOS Link, HEOS Drive gives coverage of all four HEOS zones in a single 2U (3.5-inch-tall) chassis. Powerful class-D amplification, included rack mount ears, active cooling, reliable wired Ethernet input and pass-through, and a compact size make the HEOS Drive the perfect choice for a whole-home distributed audio system.
The HEOS Drive is part of the HEOS multi-room sound system that enables users to enjoy their favorite music anywhere and everywhere around the home. By using an existing home network and the HEOS app for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire, users can explore, browse, and play music from an existing music library, from online streaming music services, and from thousands of Internet radio stations. HEOS streaming music services currently include Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, Rhapsody, iHeartRadio, and SiriusXM, with TIDAL on the way as well as others.
· Four HEOS zones
· Eight-channel Class-D Amplifier
· 70WPC (20Hz-20kHz, 0.05 percent THD)
· Dedicated preamplifier output for each zone (selectable as stereo zone or subwoofer)
· Third-party control compatible
· 4 x 12V trigger outputs
· Two fiber optic inputs, two digital coax inputs, and four analog inputs (matrix switching)
· Four USB inputs
· Amplifier bridge capability
· Selectable stereo / mixed mono output
· Selectable high pass / low pass filters
· Four-way binding posts
· Two Ethernet inputs
· Actively cooled
· Rack ears included
· 2U (3.5-inch) rack height (with feet removed)
· Multi-voltage power supply
· Dolby Digital decoding (downmix to 2.0 ch)
In addition to the HEOS Drive, the HEOS by Denon Series includes four wireless multi-zone music players: HEOS 1 ($199), HEOS 3 ($299), HEOS 5 ($399), and HEOS 7 ($599). Also part of the series is a Wi-Fi range extender HEOS Extend ($99), as well as the HEOS LINK ($349) and HEOS AMP ($499) to integrate current Hi-Fi and legacy products into the HEOS eco-system.
• Denon Adds New Speaker to HEOS Line at HomeTheaterReview.com.
• Denon Introduces PMA-50 Lifestyle Stereo Amplifier at HomeTheaterReview.com.