Denon has announced two new additions to the X Series receiver lineup: the $999 AVR-X3200W and the $1,499 AVR-X4200W. Both are seven-channel AV receivers with Dolby Atmos support; the top-shelf AVR-X4200W (shown here) supports 9.2-channel processing with the addition of a separate two-channel amp. Both receivers feature HDMI 2.0a connections that offer full support of 4K/60 signals at 4:4:4, HDCP 2.2, and High Dynamic Range signals, as well as built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The AVR-X3200W and AVR-X4200W will be available in August.
Denon introduces two new 2015 Network A/V Receivers for demanding home theater enthusiasts. Following the recently introduced entry and mid class X-series models, the new top-of-the-line AVR-X4200W and AVR-X3200W A/V Receivers deliver outstanding feature sets and the finest Denon sound performance. Additionally, both new AVRs come with built-in Dolby Atmos, and are ready for the new immersive surround sound format DTS:X that will be available with a free-of-charge firmware update later this year. All new Denon AVRs are equipped with the latest HDMI 2.0a version, including full 4K Ultra HD support, HDR and HDCP 2.2 capability to allow future capabilities on all HDMI inputs. The AVR-X4200W and AVR-X3200W are expected to be available in August 2015 at authorized Denon retailers.
AVR-X3200W: A truly versatile entertainer ($999)
As a step up to the already introduced AVR-X2200W and AVR-X1200W, the new AVR-X3200W delivers even more outstanding features and further tuned audio quality for demanding home theater users looking for flexible custom installation options. It features a power amplifier section with 105 watts on all seven channels to create a stunning cinema sound and powerful yet detailed music playback. To expand the audio experience even further, the AVR-X3200W is equipped with a Dolby Atmos decoder and Dolby Surround upmixer to deliver captivating multi-dimensional sound through height speakers or Dolby Atmos elevation speakers. It is also ready for DTS:X and DTS Neural:X upmixer that can create an immersive sound field around the listener no matter the number of speakers installed. The seven amplifier channels can be used to either experience one of the new 3D sound formats, or to bring the same or different audio signal to a second zone in another room. Thanks to a 7.2ch pre-out section, an RS-232 port and flexible amp assignment options, the AVR-X3200W is ideal for custom installers in regards to multi-zone listening and home automation. Discerning users will also appreciate the Audyssey MultEQ XT room equalization program, including Audyssey Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ, to perfectly tailor the sound to the owner's room characteristics and personal taste.
The video section hosts a set of very advanced features, including compatibility with the latest HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 specifications required for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content. Eight HDMI inputs, of which one is conveniently located at the front panel, are enough to connect today's modern HDMI devices, such as game consoles, Blu-ray players or set-top-boxes. The AVR further supports full-rate 4K Ultra HD video along with 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, HDR and BT.2020 pass-through. The AVR-X3200W also features a powerful video processor to upconvert standard-definition and high-definition video sources to full-rate 4k Ultra HD resolution, for the ultimate viewing experience. Thanks to the two HDMI outputs, users can enjoy a surround movie in the main room and a separate stereo program with video from a different source in the second room. The AVR-X3200W is also certified by the Imaging Science Foundation for video quality, and is equipped with the full suite of ISFccc advanced video calibration controls.
Next to its tremendous audio and video qualities, the AVR-X3200W comes with built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to easily connect to a home network. Once connected, the AVR opens up the living room to unlimited music sources and playback options, including Apple AirPlay, network attached storage devices (NAS), Internet Radio, Pandora, SiriusXM and Spotify Connect (where available; subscription required). High-resolution audio files like FLAC, AIFF, or DSD are also supported and played back in impeccable sonic quality.
AVR-X4200W: Made from the premium class ($1,499)
The AVR-X4200W resembles the Denon reference-class A/V Receivers visually by the bigger size cabinet, as well as the control buttons hidden behind the trap door. And it shares some of the finest features to lift audio performance. Having all AVR-X3200W features on board, it comes with even more power at 125 watts on all seven channels. All audio signals are delicately handled by famous Denon D.D.S.C-HD (Dynamic Discrete Surround Circuit High Definition) and unique AL24 Processing Plus, for the ultimate in sound refinement supported by the use of high-quality 192-kHz/32-bit D/A Converters. Denon Link HD Connection is provided for jitter-free transmission from a supporting Denon Blu-ray Player. A third HDMI output gives even more convenience in connecting multiple displays. Thanks to its nine-channel processing capability, eleven speaker terminals and 13.2ch pre-out connections, the AVR-X4200W offers huge flexibility in multi-room and amp assignment options. By adding an additional two-channel power amplifier, for example, it can run a big Dolby Atmos experience up to 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 configurations. And through a paid upgrade offer, the highly acclaimed Auro-3D sound processing engine can be added for another 3D sound experience. Professional installers will very much appreciate the fact that the AVR-X4200W comes with Audyssey MultEQ XT32, including Pro-calibration option, Sub EQ HT and LFC (Low Frequency Containment).
While offering such an amazing and powerful set of next-generation features, the new X-series models come with a unique Denon ECO mode. It provides the ability to reduce overall power consumption and features an onscreen ECO Meter that lets you see the power consumption reduction effect if desired. The Auto ECO mode automatically switches between normal and ECO modes, depending on the volume level chosen.
With the exclusive Denon Setup Assistant along with the Quick Start Guide, setting up a Denon A/V Receiver is quick and easy. To conveniently keep control of all features, the Denon remote app is available for iOS and Android devices.
At a glance:
Denon AVR-X3200W 7.2ch Network A/V Receiver - Key Features
• 105W x 7ch (8ohm, 20-20kHz, THD:0.08%) high-quality discrete power amplifier for powerful and detailed sound
• Built-in Dolby Atmos (up to 5.1.2); DTS:X ready (via firmware update later in 2015)
• Advanced quad-core 32-bit DSP processor
• Latest HDMI 2.0a standard with 4K/60Hz full-rate pass-through on
4:4:4 resolution, HDR, BT.2020 on all inputs
• 8 HDMI inputs (1x front) and 2 HDMI outputs with full HDCP 2.2 support
• Advanced Video Processing with scaling of lower resolution signals up to 1080p and 4k Ultra HD
• ISF Certification
• Built-in Wi-Fi with dual diversity antenna, built-in Bluetooth
• Front-panel USB input
• Wide support for streaming formats including high resolution DSD, FLAC and AIFF
• AirPlay and DLNA music streaming
• Spotify Connect (where available); Internet Radio, Pandora and SiriusXM
• Advanced ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
• Audyssey MultEQ XT with Audyssey Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
• Denon AVR Remote App (available for Android and iOS)
• Setup Assistant in 3 languages; Color-coded speaker terminals
• 7.2ch pre-out: 2 multi-room zones; RS-232 Control
• Easy to setup, easy to use
• Available in black
Denon AVR-X4200W 9.2ch Network A/V Receiver - Additional Features
• 125W x 7ch (8ohm, 20-20KHz, THD:0.05%) high-quality discrete power amplifier for powerful and detailed sound
• 9.2ch processing
• Dolby Atmos up to 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 (with additional 2ch amplifier) DTS:X ready (via firmware update later in 2015)
• Auro-3D, Auromatic (up to 9.1ch; paid Upgrade) Release timing: to be announced
• D.D.S.C.-HD Digital and AL24 Processing Plus; Denon Link HD
• High-quality 192-kHz/32-bit D/A Converter
• Audyssey MultEQ XT32 (Pro ready), Sub EQ HT and LFC
• 8 HDMI inputs (1x front) and 3 HDMI outputs with full HDCP 2.2 support
• Phono (MM) input
• 13.2ch pre-out; 3 multi-room zones
• Clock Jitter Reducer
• Available in black
• Denon Announces New HEOS HomeCinema Soundbar/Subwoofer System at HomeTheaterReview.com.
• Denon's Flagship AVR-X7200W Receiver to Get HDCP 2.2 Upgrade at HomeTheaterReview.com.