Denon is adding to the list of Roku TV Ready devices with its HEOS Built-in soundbars. As of October 22, the Denon HEOS Bar, HomeCinema HS2, DHT-S716H, and DHT-S516H will receive a Roku TV Ready firmware update, enabling the soundbars to be seamlessly integrated with Roku devices. Owners of Denon soundbars with HEOS Built-in will need to have them connected to the internet in order for the product to receive the update. All subsequent Denon soundbars with HEOS Built-in will already come Roku TV Ready certified.
• Read about Denon’s new 8K receiver and integrated amplifier
• Visit the Denon and Roku websites for more information about the update
• Here are some interesting findings from Roku’s 2020 Holiday Shopping Report
Keep reading for more info about the new update:
- When: October 22, 2020 – the firmware update will be pushed to current Denon sound bar products eligible to receive the update (Denon HEOS Bar, Home Cinema HS2, DHT-S716H and DHT-S516H).
- What: Denon sound bars with HEOS Built-in – the HEOS Bar, Home Cinema HS2, DHT-S716H and DHT-S516H – will receive a Roku TV Ready update via firmware update.
- How: The update will be delivered via over-the-air firmware update. Users need to have their sound bars connected to the internet to receive the new firmware.
- Where: The program will launch in the U.S. to start.
- Why: The Roku TV Ready program enables Roku partners to develop products that work seamlessly on the Roku platform, making setup and product use a breeze. Denon sound bars underwent thorough testing and were certified by Roku to work with their line of Roku TV models. When Denon sound bars with HEOS Built-in are plugged into a Roku TV, the television will instantly recognize and configure itself for that audio device. The user can also use one remote for both the TV and sound bar.
- What is HEOS: HEOS is a wireless multi-room sound network comprising a family of great-sounding music players for the home. There is a free app to control devices with HEOS Built-in from iOS, Android or Kindle phone or tablet. Users can enjoy their favorite streaming music services, internet radio or owned music collections and set-up is a breeze. HEOS gives users access to all their music, and, you can add other users to the line-up to vary the playlist or personalize the room according to the user: His tunes in the kitchen, hers in the master bedroom.
- The Future: Future Denon sound bars with HEOS Built-in will be Roku TV Ready out of the box.