Denon's promised HDCP 2.2 upgrade for the flagship AVR-X7200W receiver will be available on May 1st. Current AVR-X7200W owners will be able to send their receiver to a designated service facility to receive the upgrade, and Denon will label new models as the AVR-X7200WA to reflect the addition of HDCP 2.2.
Denon has confirmed the availability of a hardware upgrade for their AVR-X7200W flagship Network A/V Receiver. As promised by Denon last November, current owners of this AVR will be able to upgrade their unit to support future-proof HDCP 2.2 copy protection protocol, needed for copy-protected 4k Ultra-HD content playback. The HDCP 2.2 Upgrade is expected to be available for owners of the AVR-X7200W beginning May 1st.
The unit needs to be sent back to a designated Denon service location for hardware upgrade. More details will be announced on a FAQ section of the Denon website prior to May 1st. At the same time, Denon expects to start shipping the factory-upgraded AVR-X7200W which will be referenced as "AVR-X7200WA" (MSRP $2,999) beginning in the middle of May.
The AVR-X7200W already shines with ultimate build quality, outstanding features and the finest in Denon audio quality for the most demanding home theater enthusiasts. Current owners are thrilled by the impeccable audio and video performance and the nearly unlimited feature set of their home theater center. As announced by Denon at the launch of the AVR-X7200W in November, the company did not want to compromise on the limited bandwidth and color capability of HDCP 2.2 implementations available at that point in time. Therefore, Denon did not equip the HDMI board of the AVR-X7200W with the HDCP 2.2. upgrade features from the start. The AVR-X7200WA will have the ultimate in future-proofness and the most unique in 3D Audio options available worldwide.
For the owners of either AVR-X7200W or AVR-X7200WA, the Auro-3D software upgrade will continue to be available via http://upgrade.denon.com/na/denon/pages/home.aspx .
On a different note, Denon also shared a plan to offer a software update to bring new DTS:X immersive surround sound format to the AVR-X7200W and the AVR-X7200WA later this year. Details will be revealed when the time approaches.
Denon AVR-X7200W 9.2ch Network A/V Receiver - Key Features
· 150W x 9ch high-quality discrete power amplifier for powerful and detailed sound
· Symmetrical monolithic amplifier design with Denon custom-made transistors
· D.D.S.C.-HD32 with AL32 Processing Multichannel, Denon Link HD
· Built-in Wi-Fi with dual antenna, built-in Bluetooth
· Latest HDMI standard with 4K Ultra HD 50/60 Hz Pass-through
and 4:4:4 color resolution
· Full HDCP 2.2 compatibility for all 8 HDMI inputs
· Advanced Video Processing with upscaling up to 1080p and 4k Ultra HD 50/60Hz
· 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front), 3 HDMI outputs (2 main + zone)
· Dolby Atmos. (5.1.2, 5.1.4, 7.1.2, 7.1.4*, 9.1.2* configuration)
· Auro-3D upgradable (9.1ch, 10.1ch with VOG (Voice of God) configuration)
· Audyssey DSX and DTS Neo:X 11.1ch processing
· Wide support for streaming formats including DSD and AIFF streaming
· AirPlay and DLNA music streaming; Spotify Connect* (*where available, subscription may be required)
· Advanced ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
· Audyssey MultEQ XT32 / Sub EQ HT / LFC (Pro ready)
· Audyssey Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
· RS-232 control
· Phono input
· 11.2ch processing and 13.2ch pre-out; gold-plated terminals
· 3 source, 3 zones
· ISF calibration
· Improved Setup Assistant and Graphical User Interface (Hybrid GUI, 9-languages)
· Available in black
• Denon Introduces PMA-50 Lifestyle Stereo Amplifier at HomeTheaterReview.com.
• Denon Announces New Flagship AV Receiver at HomeTheaterReview.com.