DISH Network has launched a newly redesigned interface for its popular DISH Anywhere app that allows you to access your live TV feed and DVR recordings via an iPad, Android, or Kindle tablet. The new interface is more image-driven and offers a variety of new features, detailed below.
From Dish Network
DISH rolled out the latest update for its DISH Anywhere™ app on iPad, Android and Kindle tablets. DISH Anywhere gives Hopper® with Sling customers the ability to view live, recorded and Video On Demand content at home or on-the-go from their mobile devices. The update delivers a modernized user interface and new capabilities that enhance the way customers discover, select and view entertainment.
The new DISH Anywhere shifts to an image-centric format featuring large programming thumbnails on a flat, dark background, making it easier for users to navigate to their favorite TV shows.
"DISH Anywhere has been embraced by DISH customers as the premier platform for watching television shows while on the go," said Vivek Khemka, DISH senior vice president of product management. "This is a powerful upgrade; the app's streamlined design creates a user-friendly experience while giving consumers a dynamic way to engage and discover new programs."
DISH Anywhere's added enhancements are detailed below.
• Program recommendations: This feature enables customers to discover new shows based on what they are currently watching and what they have previously viewed.
• Watchlist: Customers can add shows and movies to a "Watchlist," consolidating desired TV programs into an easily-accessible queue for future viewing.
• Recents: This drop down menu gives customers the ability to quickly resume recently viewed recordings and Video On Demand titles.
• Media page: This feature aggregates information from the Guide, DVR recordings and Video On Demand into one place so users can easily see all of the available ways to watch a specific program, including, if a show is currently on TV, when upcoming episodes are airing, and whether or not episodes are recorded on their Hopper or accessible within Video On Demand.
• What's Hot: Previously available only on Hopper and DISH Explorer™, the What's Hot feature makes it easy to find a TV show, movie or sports event to watch by highlighting the most popular programs based on real-time data from viewers. Programs can be filtered by local or national viewership and different genres.
• Remote: Customers can control their TV from their tablet using a built-in DISH remote. This includes the ability to turn a TV on/off, change channels, adjust volume, access the Hopper menu, and set and playback recorded content.
The updated version of DISH Anywhere is available on iPads, Android and Kindle tablets at no cost. It is expected to rollout to iPhone and Android smart phones later this year. For more information, please visitwww.dish.com or call 1-800-333-DISH.
DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), through its subsidiaries, provides approximately 14.053 million pay-TV subscribers, as of June 30, 2014, with the highest quality programming and technology with the most choices at the best value. Subscribers enjoy a high definition line-up with more than 200 national HD channels, the most international channels, and award-winning HD and DVR technology. DISH Network Corporation is a Fortune 250 company. Visit www.dish.com.