ELAC has introduced an updated version of its Debut speaker lineup. The Debut 2.0 line features nine models: two floorstanders, two bookshelf speakers, two center channels, an Atmos module, an on-wall model, and a 10-inch subwoofer. Updates to the line include a new silk dome tweeter with a wide-dispersion waveguide, a new aramid fiber woofer, a new cabinet design that ports to the front, improved sensitivity and impedance for the center speakers, and an updated app that allows you to set up and control multiple subs. More details are available in the press release below.
ELAC has announced the Debut 2.0 line of home speakers and subwoofers. This new line builds upon the success of the first-generation Debut Family, incorporating a variety of new features and technologies.
"Based on feedback from dealers and end users, along with changes in the market, we have completely redesigned the entire lineup with newly developed drivers, waveguides, cabinets and networks, resulting in a line that is easier to set up and offers significant performance improvements," said Andrew Jones, vice president engineering, ELAC.
Some of the notable new features of the Debut 2.0 lineup include.
• New Tweeter with Wide-Dispersion Waveguide: A new silk-dome tweeter featuring a wide-roll surround takes response up to 35,000 Hz for even more lifelike high frequencies. The waveguide improves directivity control and reduces the diffraction modes inherent in traditional box enclosures. Along with an extended low-frequency response, the new design gives improved integration with the woofer.
• New Woven Aramid-Fiber Woofer: The revised design of the aramid cone offers improved stiffness and damping, which when combined with the new dust-cap results in a smoother response and greater transparency.
• New Cabinets for Easier Placement: Thick MDF cabinets with a black ash vinyl finish are internally braced for greater stiffness, reducing cabinet vibrations that cause unwanted coloration. Moving the bass port to the front of the cabinet improves placement flexibility, allowing the speakers to be positioned closer to the wall or in bookshelves.
• Optimized Center Speakers: Recognizing that in a multi-channel system the majority of the sound comes through the center speaker, we have optimized sensitivity and impedance to minimize the power requirement from the AV receiver, maximizing dynamic impact from lower cost receivers.
• App Controlled AutoEQ Subwoofer with Multi-Subwoofer Control: The new SUB3010 addresses one of the most often requested features from consumers: the ability to control multiple subwoofers at the same time from the phone app. Included is the ability to control each subwoofer individually, or, for certain features, as a group.
All nine new models will be available beginning March 15th at ELAC retailers nationwide.
B5.2 Debut 2.0 5.25" 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers $249.98/Pair
B6.2 Debut 2.0 6.5" 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers $299.98/Pair
C5.2 Debut 2.0 5.25" 2-Way Center Speaker $199.98 Each
C6.2 Debut 2.0 6.5" 2-Way Center Speaker $279.98 Each
F5.2 Debut 2.0 3 x 5.25" 3-Way Floorstanding Speaker $299.98 Each
F6.2 Debut 2.0 3 x 6.5" 3-Way Floorstanding Speaker $399.98 Each
A4.2 Debut 2.0 4" Concentric Dolby Atmos Add-on Speaker $249.98/Pair
OW4.2 Debut 2.0 4" 2-Way On-Wall Speakers $249.98/Pair
SUB3010 Debut 2.0 10" 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer with AutoEQ $449.98 Each