The Lars Type 2 power amplifier is packed with handmade 300B-XLS tubes, bespoke transformers for the audio dynamics, and foil capacitors that reportedly minimize the energy loss. Every detail and aspect of the Lars Type 2 is designed to produce the purest sound.
Lars Engström: "We aimed for the best possible audio listening experience and created a power amplifier with a sound so pure that you never get tired of listening to your music."
The wood and glass exterior is made with the same philosophy. Designer, Timo Engström continues a long Scandinavian design tradition. He works with traditional materials to bring form and function in to one.
Timo Engström: "We wanted to match the pure sound quality with an equally elegant form. Like a beautiful music instrument, we think of the Lars Type 2 as an instrument for music reproduction."
The Lars Type 2 specifications:
- Power output at 1% THD, 1 kHz: 36W
- Amplification: 26dB or 18dB (switch on the back)
- Sensitivity: 400mV for full output power
- Input impedance: 40kohm
- Impedance selector: 4, 8 or 16 ohm
- Frequency response +0dB -1dB: 10Hz - 40 kHz
- THD (BW 70kHz) 100 Hz to 10 kHz, 32W less than 0,5%
- IMD (DIN) 250 Hz / 8 kHz 4:1, 24W: less than 0.3%
- Hum and noise: 70dB below full output voltage