Epson generated a lot of excitement a few years back when the company showed off a new, higher-end reflective LCD projector designed to compete with the LCoS projectors that are so popular amongst theaterphiles. That early prototype never arrived as a real-world product, but it did not die. Epson has been refining the technology and, at CEDIA this week, officially re-launched it in the form of the new Pro Cinema LS10000 and LS9600e projectors. The top-shelf LS10000 uses a 4K enhancement technology (similar to JVC’s eShift), while the LS9600e is a 1080p projector with built-in WirelessHD. In addition to the reflective LCD technology, these projectors also use a laser light source instead of a lamp. Read on to get all the details.
Epson, the best selling projector brand worldwide , today announced a revolutionary line of new Pro Cinema projectors with 3LCD Reflective laser technology. The new Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema LS10000 4K Enhancement Projector and the Pro Cinema LS9600e Wireless 1080p Projector deliver stunning, crystal-clear images with up to 1,500 lumens of color brightness and 1,500 lumens of white brightness, outstanding contrast and an advanced suite of calibration tools. Developed to meet the requirements of today’s most demanding home entertainment consumers, these projectors provide home theater designers with state-of-the-art solutions for creating unparalleled home theater experiences.
Integrating advanced technology developed by Epson’s global research and development, these groundbreaking projectors combine Epson’s new 3LCD Reflective technology and a laser light source to deliver unprecedented Absolute Black contrast ratio and one of the industry’s largest color gamuts for an engaging, immersive home cinema experience. The Pro Cinema LS10000 adds 4K Enhancement Technology for unbelievable sharpness, clarity and detail, shifting each pixel diagonally by 0.5 pixels to double the resolution and surpass Full HD image quality without visible stair-stepping or pixel gaps.
With Epson’s innovative 3LCD Reflective system, custom installers can now ensure the images that filmmakers intended are the actual images that their customers see. Both projectors deliver Absolute Black contrast ratio that displays zero lumens during full-black scenes, as well as improved pixel density and increased aperture ratio for smoother, film-like pictures. The LS9600e and LS10000 also offer advanced projection features, including Full HD 1080p in 2D and 3D with Super Resolution and Detail Enhancement for sharp, rich images, exceptional frame interpolation capabilities, and Bright 3D Drive projection for greater brightness when viewing 3D content.
The projectors are designed for installation convenience with 2.1x power zoom, power focus, lens shift up to 90 percent vertical and 40 percent horizontal, and lens position memory that can store up to 10 settings for standard 16:9 or 4:3 projection areas, and 2.35:1 wide cinema ratio. The laser light engine offers up to 30,000 hours of life with rapid warm-up or cool down time for fast, worry-free, whisper-quiet operation. For added installation and operation flexibility, a WirelessHD transmitter connects up to five HDMI devices simultaneously, with one HDMI out connection and one optical port for switching between sources, and MHL connectivity to display content from MHL-enabled tablets and smartphones (LS9600e only).
More About the 3LCD Reflective Laser Pro Cinema Projectors
• 4K Enhancement Technology3 for unbelievable sharpness, clarity and detail (LS10000 only)
• High color brightness and high white brightness: 1500 lumens of color brightness and 1500 lumens of white brightness (Pro Cinema LS10000); 1300 lumens of color brightness and 1300 lumens of white brightness (Pro Cinema LS9600e)2
• Laser light source ensures high-speed contrast control and wider color gamut with rapid warm-up and cool down:
– Instant Off — content appears onscreen and turns off with virtually no wait
– High-speed contrast control for both bright and dark scenes
– Worry-free operation — up to 30,000 hours of use4
• 3LCD Reflective technology for improved pixel density, increased aperture ratio and fast performance for incredibly smooth, film-like picture quality
• Absolute Black contrast ratio delivers zero lumens during full-black scenes
• Super Resolution with Detail Enhancement and frame interpolation technology deliver a stunning viewing experience in Full HD 1080p 2D and 3D
• Superior image quality with ISF calibration tools and THX® Display Certification ensure accurate and exceptional performance, the way filmmakers intended
• Lens position memory to store up to 10 settings in the projector memory, including zoom and focus positions for standard 16:9 or 4:3 projection areas, and 2.35:1 wide cinema ratio
• Expansive color space for broad color reproduction with DCI and Adobe RGB modes
• Innovative cooling system featuring premium materials including thermal-conductive copper piping puts the LS10000 and LS9600e among the quietest projectors in the industry
More information regarding the projectors is available online at http://www.epson.com/laserprojectors.
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema LS10000 and PowerLite Pro Cinema LS9600e will be available through CEDIA and specialty dealers in the fall time frame for less than $8,000. Each solution comes with Epson’s three-year limited warranty and industry leading service and support, including toll-free access to Epson’s PrivateLine® priority technical support and free two-business day exchange with Extra CareSM Home Service.