Epson’s latest projector introductions are the Home Cinema 1040 ($799) and the Home Cinema 1440 ($1,699), which boast a rated light ouput of 3,000 and 4,400 lumens, respectively. Both are 1080p projectors with integrated speakers and MHL support; the Home Cinema 1440 (shown here) adds 1.6x optical zoom and Faroudja DCDi Cinema processing. Both models will be available in September.
Epson has announced new additions to its award-winning lineup of Home Cinema projectors–the Home Cinema 1040 and Home Cinema 1440. Featuring up to 4,400 lumens of color brightness and 4,400 lumens of white brightness, Epson’s latest Home Cinema solutions bring a stunning, widescreen, Full HD 1080p big-screen experience to today’s living rooms. These versatile projectors feature advanced image quality technology, built-in sound and convenient setup tools for flexile placement, as well as two HDMI ports and MHL support for connecting a Blu-ray player, gaming console, ChromecastT, Roku Stick, Apple TV and more–transforming the projectors into a home entertainment hub.
“The new projectors offer today’s households a convenient, affordable and powerful big-screen experience. Beyond the flexibility, the Home Cinema 1440 is also one of the brightest home projectors available on the market–this is a flat-panel killer,” said Jason Palmer, marketing manager, Epson America. “Why settle for a 65-inch or 70-inch TV when you can have something four times bigger with bright, lifelike, sharp details, a portable design, and simple setup for a truly captivating experience even in large, well-lit environments.”
Brilliant image quality requires high color brightness (color light output), and Epson projectors have up to 3x Higher Color Brightness than leading competitive projectors, and they feature 25 percent lower power consumption for lower energy costs. The Home Cinema 1040 and 1440 utilize 3LCD, 3-chip technology for brilliant images with vivid color and feature built-in color modes for the best possible quality and color for users to enjoy their favorite TV show, movie or videogame from virtually anywhere–indoors or out.
More About the Home Cinema 1040 and 1440
The models feature varied capabilities designed to make it easier than ever to enjoy content–including installation on a ceiling, easy placement on a table, or tucked inside a shelving space:
• 3LCD Quality and Reliability: 3LCD, 3-chip technology delivers incredible color, amazing detail and road-tested reliability with no possibility of color break-up or “rainbow effect.”
• High color brightness and high white brightness: 3,000 lumens of color brightness and 3,000 lumens of white brightness.
• Flexible Positioning and Easy Setup: Horizontal image correction with Easy-Slide control technology and a compact design for placement virtually anywhere, even in a tight shelf space.
• Advanced Home Screen: Featuring an intuitive home screen for easy navigation and set up.
The Home Cinema 1440 Adds:
• High color brightness and high white brightness: 4,400 lumens of color brightness and 4,400 lumens of white brightness.
• Advanced Video Quality: Featuring Farouja DCDi Cinema, an advanced video enhancement technology that produces exceptional image quality without introducing artifacts.
• Create the Screen Size You Want: Convenient 1.6x optical zoom.
• Split Screen: Split Screen capabilities to project two different videos or still images side-by-side
Availability and Support
The Home Cinema 1040 ($799) and Home Cinema 1440 ($1,699) will be available in September through select e-tailers and retailers nationwide. The projectors come with Epson’s top-of-the-line service and support, including a two-year limited warranty with toll-free access to Epson’s PrivateLine priority technical support, 90-day limited lamp warranty, and free two-business-day exchange with Extra Care Home Service.
• Epson Debuts New Home Cinema 2040 and 2045 Projectors at HomeTheaterReview.com.
• Epson Home Cinema 3500 LCD Projector Reviewed at HomeTheaterReview.com.