At CEDIA this week, Epson will show off its new Pro Cinema LS10500 3LCD Reflective projector, a follow-up to the company’s popular and acclaimed LS10000. Like its predecessor, the new LS10500 has an instant-on/-off laser light source and uses Epson’s 3LCD Reflective technology, which is more akin to LCoS than to traditional LCD. The LS10500 will accept 4K video signals (with HDCP 2.2 copy protection) and uses Epson’s 4K Enhancement pixel-shifting technology to simulate a 4K image. The major addition is support for HDR playback. The Pro Cinema LS10500 will be available this fall exclusively through Epson dealers and will carry an MSRP of $7,999.
Epson has announced its next-generation Pro Cinema LS10500 Reflective Laser Projector. Featuring 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatibility with 3LCD Reflective laser technology, this elite projector accepts 4K UHD input for unbelievably detailed, crystal clear images with an extraordinary range of brightness and contrast. Delivering 1,500 lumens of color brightness and 1,500 lumens of white brightness, the LS10500 features an Absolute Black contrast ratio and an advanced suite of calibration tools. Ideal for home installations with large screens, the Epson Pro Cinema LS10500 produces incredibly bright projected images to create an unmatched home entertainment experience.
“Building off the success of Epson’s Pro Cinema LS10000, Epson’s next-generation 4KE laser projector adds HDR support to display an extraordinary range of brightness, shadow and color that’s unlike anything you’ve seen,” said Rodrigo Catalan, senior product manager, Projectors, Epson America. “Epson continues its commitment to manufacturing premium, optimally priced solutions, and the LS10500 integrates the most advanced technology developed by Epson’s global research and development teams.”
Featuring a dual laser light source, the Epson Pro Cinema LS10500 delivers a range of performance capabilities, such as displaying the full sRGB color gamut, even in the brightest mode, as well as the entire DCI color gamut, the digital cinema standard. Premium Reflective 3LCD panels with high speed and aperture ratio deliver incredible contrast. Combined with Epson’s revolutionary 4K Enhancement technology, the LS10500’s HDR support displays an expanded range of contrast and color for images bursting with real-life details. Users can enjoy 4K UHD Blu-ray Disc movies and stream HDR-encoded content from favorite providers, such as Netflix or Amazon.
The use of a laser light source provides a lifespan of up to 30,000 hours for worry-free operation and high-speed contrast control for both bright and dark scenes. Epson’s advanced projection technology enables a wide range of lens shift capabilities for outstanding installation flexibility. The projector has an incredible range of up to ± 90 percent on the vertical axis and ± 40 on the horizontal axis, as well as up to 10 presets for zoom, focus and lens shift for both standard projection and wide cinema ratios. The Pro Cinema LS10500 projects 2.40, 2.35, 1.85, and 1.78 aspect ratios on the same screen, without an anamorphic lens, and no downtime switching between aspect ratios. Users can enjoy life-size entertainment at the touch of a button, without any distracting black bars. In addition, an innovative, efficient cooling system featuring premium, high-quality materials–including thermal conductive piping–makes the LS10500 one of the quietest projectors in the industry.
Pro Cinema LS10500 Key Features:
• 4K Enhancement Technology–Accepts 4K input and supports HDCP 2.2 for truly immersive 4K UHD content
• HDR Compatible–Displays an expanded range of contrast and color for images bursting with real-life detail for truly immersive entertainment
• Expansive Color Gamut–Brilliant, color-rich performance that displays the entire DCI color space, the digital cinema standard
• High-Performance Pro Cinema Lens–Optimized for 4K performance and precision
• Instant on and Instant off–The LS10500 reaches maximum brightness and turns off nearly instantly
• ISF Calibration Tools–ISF Certified calibration tools and lockable memory modes ensure accurate performance and provides lockable memory modes
• 3LCD Technology–Provides vivid images with high Color Light Output and fast performance for smoother, crisper pictures
Availability and Support
The Pro Cinema LS10500 ($7,999 MSRP) will be available this fall through CEDIA and specialty dealers and includes Epson’s three-year limited warranty and industry leading service and support, including toll-free access to Epson’s PrivateLine priority technical support and free two-day business exchange with Extra Care home services.
• For more information on the Epson LS10500, please visit www.epson.com/laserprocinema.
• Epson Announces Four New Projectors with 4K Enhancement and HDR Support at HomeTheaterReview.com.