Epson has launched a new 4K-friendly LCD projector in the consumer market. The Home Cinema 4000 accepts full 4K/60p signal input and supports HDR10 and DCI-P3 color. It uses Epson’s 4K Enhancement pixel-shifting technology to simulate a 4K image. Its rated light output is 2,200 lumens, and it features Epson’s UltraBlack technology for improved black-level performance. The Home Cinema 4000 is on sale now for $2,199.
Epson has introduced the Home Cinema 4000 projector-bringing 4K Enhancement Technology and HDR10 performance to consumers for under $2,200 MSRP, a fraction of the cost of native 4K solutions. Delivering the ultimate combination of color-rich performance with stunning sharpness and detail, the new projector allows viewers to experience 100 percent Pure Color Brightness with 2,200 lumens equal color and white brightness for extremely vibrant images. Epson 4K Enhancement Technology–which accepts 4K UHD content–makes even the smallest details come alive. An incredible contrast ratio of up to 140,000:1 delivers rich detail in every scene on screens up to 300 inches wide.
An alternative to TVs for today’s connected living rooms, Epson’s Home Cinema 4000 brings a dramatically different experience of 4K and HDR10 content to consumers at an extremely competitive price point. Movie buffs, sports fans, gamers, and streaming fanatics will enjoy Epson’s state-of-the-art engineering and 4K Enhancement that can replace a large flat panel TV with the ultimate big-screen upgrade.
“Epson’s latest 4Ke solution provides a comprehensive viewing experience that incorporates outstanding superior brightness, extreme contrast, broad color gamut, high color fidelity and amazing resolution to deliver image quality that rivals more expensive 4K solutions currently available in the market today,” said Rodrigo Catalan, senior product manager, Projectors, Epson America. “From the light source, to the signal processor, to the 3LCD module, to the lens-Epson projectors deliver high quality images at a range of price points to bring big-screen performance to a range of consumers.”
The Home Cinema 4000 is a premium home theater solution for consumers demanding a future-proof projector with stunning image quality, expansive color performance and tremendous black levels to create a superior viewing experience at home. The Home Cinema 4000 also enables today’s connected home to stream 4K, HD and Full 1080p content from a range of devices, including cable/satellite boxes, gaming consoles, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV with 2x HDMI ports. For a fully immersive experience with sound, external speakers (not included) can be connected via the optical port.
More About the Home Cinema 4000:
The Epson Home Cinema 4000 delivers the ultimate combination of color-rich performance for stunning sharpness and detail, along with robust features for a superior home entertainment experience, including:
• 4K Enhancement Technology – Accepts native 4K UHD content; also up-scales 1080p input for resolution that exceeds Full HD
• HDR10 – High Dynamic Range for full 10-bit color output; extraordinary range of brightness for images bursting with real-life color
• 100 Percent Pure Color Brightness – 2,200 lumens equal color and white brightness for vibrant, rich color in every mode
• UltraBlack Contrast – Up to 140,000:1 contrast ratio for rich detail in both bright and dark scenes
• Smart Motorized Lens – Preset up to 10 positions for powered focus, zoom and lens shift; features 2.1x zoom and ultra wide lens shift
• L*a*b* Ultra Wide Color Gamut – Offers 100 percent coverage of the DCI-P3 color space, the digital cinema standard
• Delta Level Color Accuracy – With a low Delta E rate, the Home Cinema 4000 delivers extremely accurate color reproduction for true-to-life images
• Epson 3LCD Technology – Precision-aligned three-chip engine delivers jaw-dropping action scenes with no rainbow effect
Availability and Support
The Home Cinema 4000 ($2,199 MSRP) will be available June 26 through select retailers, e-tailers and the Epson online store. The projector comes with Epson’s industry leading service and support, including toll-free access to Epson’s PrivateLine priority technical support, a two-year limited warranty (90 days on lamps), and free next-day exchange with Extra Care Home Service.