Epson takes square aim at the $5000 home theater projector price point with its newest offering, the Pro Cinema LS12000 ($4999.99). The company touts it "could possibly be our best Pro Cinema Projector ever." Quite a claim! Let's look at what's so exciting about this new Epson.
Laser Array Light Source
Laser says it all. Bye-bye, bulb. Laser light sources are more efficient and last longer. Plus with 2700 ANSI lumens the LS12000 has plenty of brightness to put a compelling picture up on a big screen and give those HDR highlights a bit of sparkle. Long story short, this projector gives you a proper cinematic big-screen experience without a big price tag.
List of Features (info provided by Epson)
You can also download the brochure with full specs from Epson by clicking here.
- Impressive HDR – Full 10-bit HDR color processing accepting 100% of the HDR source information to faithfully reproduce HDR, HDR10+ and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) content for an exceptional visual performance. Real-time HDR curve adjustment allows for 16 steps of control to fine-tune the HDR performance regardless of the content
- 120 Hz Refresh Rate – Refresh rates up to 120 Hz allow for smoother motion for supported content while providing the option for impressive Frame Interpolation for content below 120 Hz
- Epson UltraBlack™ Technology – Taking full advantage of the Laser Array Light Source, Epson created a proprietary compensation filter that controls the polarization of light itself. This allows Epson to suppress any stray light within the signal and dramatically enhance the picture contrast to produce an infinite Dynamic Contrast Ratio exceeding 2,500,000:1
- Epson VRX Cinema Lens – Designed for zero-light leakage, the Epson VRX Cinema Lens utilizes a proprietary 15-element precision glass structure for outstanding image clarity and edge-to-edge focus uniformity. This could be one of the best projector lens technologies Epson has ever developed
- 3-Axis Motorized Lens Shift – Making installation simple, you can precisely shift the lens up to +/- 96% horizontally and up to +/- 47% vertically without any loss in picture distortion or clarity. You can also set the zoom and focus, then store all the settings in one of ten lens memory presets
- Real-Time Adaptive Scene Correction – Powered by the Epson ZX Picture Processor, the user has the option to automatically adjust the picture quality based upon the scene information itself. This provides a simple way to get impressive color and contrast, regardless of the content being displayed
- HDMI® 2.1 – Supports the full 48 Gbps bandwidth for accepting 4K HDR content up to 120 Hz. Along with ARC and eARC support, this allows for outstanding compatibility with the latest AV receivers and next-generation gaming consoles
- Epic for Gaming – Gaming up to 4K at 120 frames per second, along with input lag times below 20 ms, allow for serious gamers to take full advantage of the latest generation of gaming consoles and even higher-end gaming PCs
- World-Class Warranty & Support – Standard 3-year limited warranty with 2-business-day full unit replacement, including free shipping. And, all Epson Pro Cinema projectors come with free lifetime technical phone support
- Ceiling Installation Kit – Included ceiling mount and back cable cover allow for a professional installation
- ISF® Certified – The Imaging Science Foundation has been setting the display standards since 1994 and has been dedicated to improving the quality of electronic imaging. Epson shares this passion for image quality and has developed technologies to allow an ISF Certified Technician to professionally calibrate the Epson Pro Cinema LS12000 projector to the highest level of image quality