• The Genelec AOW312Bs sound more like true theater speakers than they do home theater speakers, making them ideal for larger dedicated home theaters complete with fabric walls and large, acoustically transparent, screens.
• While expensive the AOW312Bs comes with the necessary mounting hardware and amplification to ensure they sound and perform at their best.
• The AOW312Bs, when paired with a capable sub (preferably one from Genelec), are one of the few speakers truly able to reproduce every note and nuance from today's uncompressed audio formats the way the filmmakers intended.
• The AOW312Bs, while on-walls, are not designed to flank a high end HDTV the way their name would imply. The AOW312Bs are custom install pieces only and not for the DIY enthusiast.
• The AOW312Bs can play low and loud; however you're going to want to buy a subwoofer or two to get the full theater experience.
• If you're into switching out your speakers and/or components every couple of years, then I'm afraid the AOW312B aren't going to be for you, for they are the type of speaker that, once installed, you leave alone.
For just under $11,000 each the Genelec AOW312Bs aren't going to be mistaken for anything other than professional grade studio speakers that just happen to be available for home theater use. They are large and very much in charge and must be installed by a professional in a dedicated home theater or media room. That being said, if you can accommodate all their installation and spatial needs they are near perfect in bringing a true theatrical experience into the home. If you have the budget and the room, then I highly recommend checking out the Genelec AOW312B on-wall speakers.
• Read more Genelec Reviews on HomeTheaterReview.com here...