• The Harmony 890 offers easy programmability for even complicated systems
• Access to the world's largest database of remote codes
• Remote can learn IR codes
• Rechargeable battery and docking station included
• RF relay included
• Plenty of backlit hard buttons and eight additional buttons per screen available for each device or activity
• Some will find $350 too pricey for a remote
• Lacks some of the cool factor of a touch screen
• Lacks capability to control devices via RS-232 (I'd like an RF to RS-232 add-on device).
The Harmony 890 is the most versatile remote in the Harmony lineup, and worth every penny it costs. The multitude of hard buttons and room for adding extra buttons makes this remote capable of controlling even the most complicated home theater and, with the addition of extra RF relays, could easily control an entire home. This is the remote I use in my reference rig, and the one I always recommend to others, hands down the best remote I've found. If Harmony ever makes an RF to RS 232 device, this remote would go from exceptional to perfect.
• Read more remotes and system control reviews on HomeTheaterReview.com.
• Find an AV receiver to program into the Harmony One.