HiFiMAN has announced its most affordable full-size planar magnetic headphone to date, the $299 HE400S. The HE400S weighs just 12 ounces, and its newly designed headband and beveled velour ear pads are designed for maximum comfort. Sensitivity is listed at 98 dB, which allows for greater compatibility with portable audio devices like iPods and smartphones. The HE400S is available now.
HiFiMAN, a leading designer/manufacturer of high-performance headphones and portable audio products, announced their most affordable full-size planar magnetic headphone, the HE-400S. At $299 MSRP, the HE400S is the least expensive planar headphone on the market, yet it delivers unequalled performance, styling and comfort in its class. The HE400S is available now for immediate delivery.
Weighing in at just over 12 ounces (350 grams), the HiFiMAN HE-400S is more than 30 percent lighter than comparable headphones, allowing the listener to comfortably enjoy music for hours on end with minimal listener fatigue. A newly designed ergonomic headband, found in more expensive models, is lighter with an improved pressure pattern that is also key to the phone's exceptional comfort. The headband is designed to accommodate a wide range of head sizes. The new beveled velour ear pads provide both increased comfort and improved sound quality, while the silver ear cups offer a stylish, high-tech look.
On the technical front, the HE-400S challenges the status quo with newly designed single-ended planar magnetic drivers in an open-back design that deliver the clarity, lifelike soundstage and spatial imaging that HiFiMAN is known for. Sensitivity is increased to 98 dB, which allows the efficient HiFiMAN headphone to be driven easily with a portable audio device such as an iPod or smartphone, though ultimate performance would only be achieved if paired with a quality amplifier. Impedance of the HE400S is 22 ohms.
To capture every bit of sonic detail, a newly designed hybrid cable, comprised of Oxygen-Free Silver and Copper, was chosen for the HE400S. Also new from HiFiMAN are 2.5mm plug-in connectors for ease of use and quick connection, as well as ease of replacement.
Key Features of the HiFiMAN HE-400S:
• Planar magnetic technology provides remarkable detail and lifelike clarity with superior soundstage and spatial imaging
• Lowest priced planar magnetic headphone on the market
• Increased efficiency so it is even easier to drive. Can be used with portable audio devices such as an iPod or smartphone or high-performance amp
• Ergonomic headband provides optimum comfort and wide range of adjustment
• Lightest weight in class for increased comfort for hours of listening enjoyment
• Beveled velour ear pads provide increased comfort and improved sound
• Newly designed cable with easy plug-in connectors