In June, HiFiMAN will begin shipping its new flagship headphone, the HE1000 ($2,999). This over-the-ear planar magnetic headphone uses a diaphragm that is less than 0.001mm thick, designed to offer fast, effortless response with negligible distortion, and a Window Shade grill made with premium alloys. The HE1000 uses asymmetrical ear cups and beveled ear pads to provide optimum comfort and performance for a variety of head sizes.
HiFiMAN has announced a groundbreaking full-size planar magnetic headphone, the HE1000, intended for reference use in the home or studio. Assuming the position as the company's flagship model, the HE1000 combines several new innovations that raise the bar for absolute performance, style and comfort. The new HiFiMAN model is now available to order and shipping in June with a MSRP of $2,999.
HiFiMAN is the only headphone brand to fully utilize Nanotechnology as the HE1000 features the world's first Nanometer grade thickness diaphragm, which means that it is less than an astonishing 0.001 mm thin. Seven years in the making, this breakthrough diaphragm is so thin that when viewed from the side, it is not visible to the naked eye. The incredibly low driver mass produces fast, effortless response with negligible distortion, two key elements to the ultimate goal of natural sound reproduction.
To take advantage of the Nano-Grade driver, HiFiMAN engineers designed an Advanced Asymmetrical Magnetic Circuit. A painstaking process, it took the HIFIMAN team seven years to obtain the optimum balance between high driver efficiency and high sound quality. The innovative design of the double-sided, asymmetrical magnetic circuit is the perfect marriage of the Nanometer Grade Diaphragm and its Magnetic partner.
HiFiMAN needed to create a special design solution that provides driver protection, is optimized for an open-back design and that also yields the best possible sound quality. For the HE1000, a patented "Window Shade" grill made with premium alloys is the solution, precisely structured to gain greater openness in the headphone design. Its openness keeps the sound waves from second refraction to avoid unwanted vibration and distortion. The result is a wider soundstage, outstanding imaging and remarkable clarity.
Aesthetically, as an added benefit, the Window Shade Grill also provides a unique, high-tech look to HE1000 and an appropriate complement to its premium alloys and wood trim.
The premium ear pads of HE1000 have been specially designed in an asymmetrical shape that follows the form of the ear cups. The pads are beveled so that they contour to the shape of the user's head for superb comfort and extended listening as well as a good acoustic seal. The hybrid design has velour on the surface for optimal comfort and sound.
The HE1000 headband is the result of clever industrial design. Entirely new thinking was needed that would accommodate the widely varied sizes of people's heads while applying or distributing correct pressure evenly. This provides not only improved comfort but also a better seal of the pads around the ears and on the head for improved bass.
The headband combines a special metal alloy with fine calf's skin to form a sturdy arch structure. The perforation on the calf's skin helps to dissipate the heat. For additional comfort, the light mass also contributes to lessen the overall weight of the headphone.
HiFiMAN only uses the finest cables for their headphones and each model features a cable specially designed for it. The HE1000 is supplied with a high purity, oxygen-free copper (OCC) wire custom designed for wide frequency range, low signal loss and enhanced emphasis on the low end for quality audio reproduction. The HE1000 package includes three different types of plugs: mini 6.35mm, ¼" 3.5mm and 4-pin XLR connector so it can be used with a wide array of equipment. The plugs are easy to switch and quickly connected to different cables and amplifiers.
Key Features of the HiFiMAN HE1000:
• Nanometer-Grade Diaphragm--first of its kind in headphone application, improves efficiency while reducing weight and distortion.
• Advanced Asymmetrical Magnetic Circuit--double-sided magnetic circuit provides perfect control of the driver for lifelike clarity and sonic precision.
• Asymmetrical Ear Cups--form follows function as these ear cups are designed to properly fit the shape of the human ear.
• Beveled Ear Pads--asymmetrical shape perfectly follows the contour of the human head for an optimum acoustic seal and sublime comfort
• Ergonomic Headband accommodates a wide range of head sizes and applies pressure evenly assuring maximum comfort for extended periods.
• Window Shade Grill System--provides greater openness and a wide soundstage by reducing unwanted reflections and distortion.
• Specially designed Oxygen-Free Copper (OCC) cable delivers widest possible frequency response, especially on low end, with minimal loss.
• HiFiMAN Unveils EF100 Hybrid Amplifier at HomeTheaterReview.com.