Its hard to believe that it has been one year since launching HomeTheaterReview.com. In one short year we have taken a "parked domain" and created over 8000 pages of content including over 1,100 reviews, a full dealer database, a significant back catalog of reviews, over 1,200 "brand" pages and much more. Gone is the early HTML version of the site and in its place the advanced content management system (CMS) that allows us to quickly and effectively upload content for your enjoyment.
Here is a list of the things that HomeTheaterReview.com has accomplished in our first year:
- HomeTheaterReview.com has over 128,500 total monthly readers in July (source: Google Analytics). That's up over 18% in one of the historically "dead" months for audio-video on the Internet.
- HomeTheaterReview.com has over 10,000 fully opt-in, CAN-SPAM Act compliant email names on our list, making it the industry's fastest growing and most "fresh" list. While some sites boast a larger list, HTR's list often has a higher "open rate."
- We bought HDTVetc.com and redesigned the site to make it an HDTV educational site.
- We booked HDTV etc. and DVD etc.'s back catalog of reviews to help build the HomeTheaterReview.com's archive of reviews.
- HTR has published more editorial reviews (both feature and quick reviews) than any other specialty AV publication, including online and print publications.
- HTR has a Google Page Rank 4 despite not having a lot of "age" on its URL. We have over 330 linkbacks and welcome anyone in the AV business to link back to us.
- HomeTheaterReview.com has built the most comprehensive database of U.S. specialty audio video dealers ever created. These "Zagat Guide-like" write ups are critiques, have installation photos and latitude/longitude data so that readers can search by zip code and/or Google Earth-like zoom-in searches.
- HomeTheaterReview.com brought on has 18 clients ranging from direct resellers to audiophile companies to some of the biggest electronics companies on the planet like Toshiba and Harman.
There is no question that the success of HomeTheaterReview.com is due to the loyalty and enthusiasm of our readers. Without our loyal readers, we could not have done what we have done nor could we grow in the future. From the entire staff, we thank you for your support.
While nearly all other AV publications have their foot on the brakes - firing editors, publishers and writers; hovering on bankruptcy and selling their pubs - HomeTheaterReview.com is accelerating: we are adding new writers, growing content and reach, and much more.
Here's what you can expect from HomeTheaterReview.com in year two:
- Hundreds more quick reviews.
- Exclusive weekly feature reviews of relevant products ranging from audiophile gear to LED backlit LCD HDTVs and so much more.
- Reviews of more relevant "affordable" equipment.
- More educational articles on HDTVetc.com
- More posted news
- Higher Google Page Rank and better long-tail reach for reviews.
- Much much more.
HomeTheaterReview.com is investing in the future of this business because we believe in it. We want you to join us...