Kaleidescape's newest movie player, the Alto, is the first in the company's line to import all content directly from the Kaleidescape Store. Users can purchase Blu-ray and DVD-quality movies and TV shows from the Store and acquire digital versions of discs they already own. A single Alto can store up to 100 movies at Blu-ray quality, and you can link up to four players in a multizone setup. The Alto will carry an MSRP of $2,495.
Kaleidescape, Inc. today announced the launch of the Kaleidescape Alto, a movie player that is targeted at the millions of consumers in the United States and Canada that own home theaters with large-screen TVs and multichannel audio. Kaleidescape Alto is the first movie player to import 100 percent of its locally-stored content from the cloud, via downloads from the Kaleidescape Store. With over 8,500 movies and 1,600 TV seasons licensed from the major motion picture studios, the Kaleidescape Store now offers the best online selection of movies and TV shows available, all in Blu-ray or DVD quality.
Kaleidescape Alto is an attractive addition to any family room, media room, or home theater rack. The Kaleidescape Alto:
• Provides the award-wining Kaleidescape user interface, which makes choosing the perfect movie an entertaining and engaging experience for the whole family.
• Stores downloaded content on a hard drive--up to 100 movies in Blu-ray quality (600 movies in DVD quality).
• Can be combined with other Kaleidescape Alto players to create a system that supports up to four viewing zones, and stores up to 400 movies in Blu-ray quality (2,400 movies in DVD quality).
• Offers customers the ability to upgrade their DVDs and Blu-ray discs to digital versions downloaded from the Kaleidescape Store.
Over the past 11 years, Kaleidescape has established the leading brand for high-end movie servers and players by delivering convenience and simplicity in the form of a beautifully-designed onscreen user interface that enables our customers and their families to enjoy the movies they love in the comfort of their home. Kaleidescape carefully engineers its products and services to enable home theaters to produce an experience that is immersive and richly cinematic. With the Kaleidescape Store, our customers purchase downloadable content with quality that precisely matches that of a Blu-ray disc or DVD. The Kaleidescape Store is aware of all of the titles that customers own, enabling it to make intelligent recommendations.
Kaleidescape Alto is available for purchase in the U.S. and Canada, at a recommended retail price of $2,495, through a network of authorized Kaleidescape residential system integrators.
• Kaleidescape Adds NBCUniversal Films and TV Shows to Download Store at HomeTheaterReview.com.
• Kaleidescape Cinema One Media Server Reviewed at HomeTheaterReview.com.