The name LeEco may not be familiar to U.S. consumers, but the China-based electronics company has a strong global presence. LeEco emerged on the U.S. radar in a major way back in July when it purchased VIZIO for $2 billion. Now the company is making its official entrance in the U.S. market with a line of smart TVs and phones. Of most interest to us, of course, are the new aggressively priced TVs--four models, all of which have a 4K resolution and support HDR playback. The Super4 X Series supports HDR10 and includes screen sizes of 43, 55, and 65 inches, priced from $649 to $1,399. The flagship uMax85 is an 85-inch Dolby Vision LED/LCD TV priced at $4,999.
LeEco has begun selling its ecophones and ecotvs, which are the next-generation of smartphones and smart TVs that put content front-and-center to deliver the ultimate entertainment experience. LeEco Le Pro3 and Le S3 ecophones and Super4 X Series and uMax ecotvs offer industry-leading technology and functionality at half the cost of a leading smartphones and TVs. Individuals can purchase LeEco ecophones, ecotvs and accessories on LeEco's direct-to-consumer ecommerce site LeMall.com.
"We're delighted to bring our disruptive approach of delivering great content seamlessly to premium devices that are affordable for all to the U.S.," said Richard Ren, President of LeEco North America. "We have many notable content partners today - such as Lionsgate Entertainment, MGM, SHOWTIME, VICE Media, Awesomeness TV, A+E Network - and are quickly adding new partners based on user feedback in order to realize our content-first vision."
Recently named one of Fast Company's 2016 "Most Innovative Companies," LeEco is a leading global company that provides breakthrough experiences through an open, integrated ecosystem of streaming content, enabled by its Internet and cloud platform, and a wide array of next-generation of connected smart devices - including smartphones, TVs, bikes, VR and electric cars.
Products on Sale Today
The Le Pro3 is LeEco's flagship ecophone that combines beautiful design, powerful performance and a unique way to consume content. Priced at $399, the Le Pro3 comes in gold and gray and features:
• 5.5-inch screen and sleek design
• Brushed metal backing and a tough Corning Gorilla Glass screen with 2.5D curved edges for a smooth finish.
• Premium audio features including dual speakers, surround sound powered by Dolby Atmos and Continual Digital Lossless Audio (CDLA) technology.
• The powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor
• Category leading 4070mAh battery
• 16 MP rear-facing camera for vivid photos, panoramas and videos in 4K; and an 8 MP front-facing camera perfect for capturing selfies.
• A 3-month free EcoPass membership
The Le S3 ecophone raises the stakes with best-in-category specs offered at $249 in gold, gray and rose gold and features:
• Beautifully designed with an elegant, all-metal unibody
• 5.5-inch screen
• Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 processor
• A 16 MP main and an 8 MP selfie camera, which can be activated with the highly responsive and intelligent fingerprint scanner.
• Combination of CDLA and Dolby Atmos with in-box Type-C CDLA earphones for the ultimate audio experience.
• A 3-month EcoPass membership
The Super4 X Series ecotvs are artfully designed with premium technology in an ultra-slim frame built from the finest-grade aluminum alloy materials and features an ultra-narrow bezel. Available in a range of screen sizes, including 43, 55 and 65 inches. The 55-inch and 65-inch ecotvs feature HDR10, sound by Harman Kardon and 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage.
• 43-inch - $649 with 3-month free EcoPass membership
• 55-inch - $899 with 12-month free EcoPass membership
• 65-inch - $1,399 with 12-month free EcoPass membership
The uMax85 ecotv is the ultimate experience in home cinema, boasting a huge 85-inch display housed in a slim industrial design packed with superior technology features including industry-leading Full Array, 448 Active Local Dimming Zones, Dolby Vision, HDR10, Fluid Motion 1920 Display Technology and sound by Harmon Kardon. The uMax85 is offered at $4,999 and comes with a 12-month free EcoPass membership.
Both ranges of ecotvs feature LeEco's eui experience and signature LIVE and Le apps, which offer customized viewing and seamless integration with LeEco ecophones. All ecotvs offer advanced voice search and sound by Harman Kardon (the Super4 X43 Pro has 16GB storage and does not have sound by Harmon Kardon), as well as Android TV and Google Cast technology.
Included in purchase of a LeEco ecophone or ecotv is a EcoPass, which provides users access to content seamlessly across their LeEco devices and includes:
• 2-year warranty for LeEco ecophones and 3 years for ecotvs
• 5 TB of cloud storage on LeCloud, and unlimited storage for photos and videos
• Unlimited monthly movie viewing on Fandor
• Exclusive sale days on LeMall.com and priority customer service
• Discounted prices for many add-on content partners featured in LeApp
• VIZIO Acquired by China-Based LeEco for $2 Billion at HomeTheaterReview.com.
• Visit LeMall.com for more product information.