• The BD670 supports 3D playback
• The player has internal decoding and bitstream output of high-resolution audio sources.
• It supports BD-Live and BonusView/PIP Blu-ray features.
• The player features integrated WiFi, as well as a wired network connection option.
The Smart TV platform features most of the hottest services, including
Netflix, VUDU, Amazon VOD, Pandora, and more. You also get DLNA
• A remote control app is available for Android, iPhone, and iPad users.Low Points
• The BD670 lacks dual HDMI outputs to send separate signals to your 3DTV and A/V receiver.
It also lacks multichannel analog audio outputs, so it's not the best
choice for someone who owns an older, non-HDMI A/V receiver.
• The player doesn't offer 2D-to-3D conversion or any advanced 3D picture adjustments.
• There's no internal memory to store BD-Live content.
• The connection panel lacks RS-232 and/or IR control ports.
Competition and Comparison
Compare the LG BD670 with its competition
by reading the reviews for the Toshiba BDX5200
and Sony BDP-S580
Learn more about 3D Blu-ray players by visiting our Blu-ray Players
With a street price under $200, LG's BD670
is a good value for a player with 3D capability, integrated WiFi, DLNA
media streaming, and a comprehensive selection of Web services. It lacks
a few options that you can find at this price, such as internal storage
for BD-Live, Skype capability, and 2D-to-3D conversion. If those
features matter to you, you might find a better deal elsewhere. If you
don't need the integrated WiFi, the step-down BD650 is WiFi-ready but
shares the rest of the BD670's features...for a street price under $150.Additional Resources
• Read more Blu-ray player reviews
by HomeTheaterReview.com's staff.
• Search for a 3D HDTV in our 3D HDTV Review section
• Explore LED HDTVs
and Plasma HDTVs
to pair with the LG BD670.