Shown publicly for the first time at its CES Sneak Peek in New York City and available early next year, the LG HD Sound Bar reportedly enhances the audio output of an HDTV by adding additional speakers and subwoofer capabilities to produce 2.1 channel virtual surround sound. The LSB316 includes six speaker drivers housed in a speaker bar which can be placed directly below the TV or wall mounted. The bar is accompanied by a wireless subwoofer.
The LSB316 also includes Bluetooth capability which allows the user to wirelessly stream music from their Bluetooth-enabled smart phone, tablet PC, or MP3 player to the bar. The Bluetooth function can also transmit sound from a TV program to compatible headphones for late-night viewing without disturbing anyone else in the household.
Additional details on the LG HD Sound Bar and other new home electronics innovations will be unveiled at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show in January.
• 2.1 Channel, 280-watt output
• Wireless Active Subwoofer, Front Firing Subwoofer
• Natural EQ, Bass Blast, Clear Voice, VSM (Virtual Surround Matrix) Plus, Game EQ, MP3 Up-Scaling, Night Mode
• 42-inch class TV size matching
• Slim Design (height 80mm, depth 50mm)
• Capable for wall mounting or table display
• 2.5-inch Parabola speakers with silk dome tweeter
• Bluetooth 2.1 TX/ RX
• 2 Optical In, TV Sound ez Set-up
• One portable Audio in
• USB Host (MP3/ WMA playback)
• MPEG2 AAC Support