At the recent CEDIA Expo, Lutron introduced its newest lighting system, the RA2 Select. The new system falls in between the company's inexpensive, consumer-oriented Caséta wireless system and its mid-priced custom-installed RadioRA 2 system. RA2 Select supports the addition of up to 100 devices, including Lutron lights/shades and other smart home products, and it allows for both the installer and the homeowner to make system changes with the iOS/Android app. Contact a local Lutron dealer for more information.
Lighting and shade control leader Lutron Electronics has announced the release of RA2 Select--a new whole-home lighting and shading control system designed for the busy electrical contractor. With its simple, fast and flexible system architecture, RA2 Select offers smart home capabilities, personalized control, and added convenience for the homeowner while providing easy setup, installation, and scalability for the installer.
"Lutron's new RA2 Select system offers electrical contractors an exciting new opportunity for company growth. RA2 Select is an ideal solution for homeowners who want the benefits of a simple, professionally installed smart home system, but want the flexibility and power to make their own system changes via the app," said Rich Black, Director of Residential Business Development at Lutron.
RA2 Select utilizes select features from Lutron's RadioRA 2 and Caséta Wireless systems to provide a simple, scalable solution for contractors and homeowners alike. RA2 Select uses Clear Connect Radio Frequency (RF) Technology, Lutron's reliable, wireless communication technology built on over two decades of experience designing RF products.
• RA2 Select is scalable up to 100 devices. Components can be added at any time to grow the system from a few rooms to a whole home solution.
• RA2 Select is compatible with select Lutron shading solutions: Sivoia QS Triathlon roller and honeycomb, as well as Sivoia QS wireless roller, Kirbe, honeycomb and drapery.
• Devices are added and set up through the Lutron App. Thereafter, the installer or homeowner can use the app to make changes, set schedules, and add devices.
• Integrates with other leading smart home products.
"The introduction of RA2 Select makes it easier than ever for electrical contractors to grow their smart home business," said Black. "RA2 Select is feature-rich, yet can be programmed directly from the app, which means no required courses or training for the contractor. Most contractors will find themselves getting systems up and running in 15 minutes or less."
• New Pico scene keypads are available pre-engraved with common scenes for typical activities in the home. Homeowners can transform their family room into a home theater with one button.
• Lutron's Pico wireless remote controls are automatically and intelligently pre-configured to the dimmers in the home with typical applications and light levels for that room type. This saves the installer time by providing recommended configurations for all controls.
• RA2 Select is compatible with the free Lutron App, available for both Android and Apple devices. From the app, homeowners can monitor and adjust lights, shades, and temperature, whether home or away, and make changes to timeclock events or scenes.
• A variety of product colors and finishes will ensure a coordinated look throughout the home.
The free Lutron App is available on iTunes and Google Play.