This month, Marantz will add another new model to its 2016 AV receiver line. The seven-channel SR5011 is rated at 100 watts per channel, and features include Dolby Atmos, DTS:X (via firmware update), HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 support, Audyssey MultEQ XT room correction, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and AirPlay, with integrated streaming services like Internet Radio, Pandora, SiriusXM, and Spotify Connect. The SR5011 will be priced at $899.
Marantz continues to unveil its 2016 home theater lineup. Following the recently announced slim-design NR1607, Marantz is introducing a new full-size Network Receiver, the SR5011. The full-size cabinet contains 7 x 100 Watts and selected high grade components, paired with advanced wireless connectivity and total ease-of-use to create a solid addition to any home theater. And most importantly, both music lovers and home theater enthusiasts alike will appreciate the true, renowned Marantz sound. It is expected to be available in July for $899.
Packed with the latest audio and video technologies, the Marantz SR5011 lifts every home theater to a new level. Featuring Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, users can enjoy breathtaking 3D surround sound with today's advanced movie soundtracks, featuring sound even coming from overhead. The SR5011 is made out of carefully selected, high-grade audio components and Marantz-own HDAMs (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module), delivering the renowned Marantz Hi-Fi and home theater sound. The amplifier section delivers 7 x 100 Watts of output, enough to fill large rooms. It comes with advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT, to tailor perfectly with any individual listening room.
Ready for the next in technological innovation, the SR5011 features an advanced video section that's fully compatible with the latest HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all eight HDMI inputs. With 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support on every input, the SR5011 is ready for the next generation of Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes and other 4K Ultra HD sources. It can further upscale analog and digital source material up to Full HD 1080p or even 4K Ultra HD for the ultimate viewing experience. And thanks to the dual HDMI output, a TV and a projector can be connected in parallel.
Full wireless connectivity is provided by both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, with dual antennas that help ensure robust signal transmission and reception. Once connected, music can easily be streamed through AirPlay, network attached storage devices (NAS), Internet Radio, Pandora, SiriusXM, and Spotify Connect (where available; subscription required). High resolution audio formats and playback are fully supported for incredible fidelity. To round up the flexibility, a 7.2 channel pre-out section and the RS-232 connection and IP control makes the SR5011 very appealing for custom installation purposes.
No need to study a manual to set up the SR5011; users can just follow the onscreen instructions with the assistance of the Graphical User Interface, Setup Assistant, and Audyssey MultEQ room calibration. Once set up, daily operation is simple and convenient with the new Marantz 2016 AVR Remote app available on iOS, Android and Kindle Fire. And for those looking for energy savings, the SR5011 includes a smart ECO mode that can automatically save significant electrical power without influencing the overall performance.
SR5011 7.2ch Network AV Receiver - Main Features
• Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support; built-in Bluetooth
• Improved network stability especially in Wi-Fi-crowded homes
• 7ch discrete power amplifier, 100W per channel (8ohm, 20Hz - 20kHz, THD: 0.08%)
• Enough power to fill bigger rooms with renowned Marantz sound
• 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR and BT.2020
• Latest HDMI standard for future-proof compatibility
• Eight HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; two HDMI outputs
• Plenty of inputs for your digital devices; ready to feed a TV and projector in parallel
• Analog to HDMI conversion and SD/HD to 4K upscaling for legacy video sources
• Full HD and even Ultra HD video quality from existing DVDs or analog sources
• Dolby Atmos (up to 5.1.2) and DTS:X (via firmware update)
• Immersive 3D sound with effects from overhead
• AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM, Network Audio Streaming
• Access to almost unlimited online music sources
• DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC, AIFF and WAV support
• High Resolution audio streaming for HiFi enthusiasts
• Advanced Multi-Room options; 7.2ch Pre-out; RS-232 Control
• Audio and video in multiple rooms; ready for 3rd Party Home Automation systems
• Audyssey MultEQ XT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
• Delivering incredibly precise equalization for your individual room
• Color-coded speaker terminals, Setup Assistant, Advanced GUI
• Hassle-free installation, setup and operation
• Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App
• Unprecedented level of command and control
• ISF video calibration
• Ready for professional calibration of home cinema TVs or projectors
• Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
• Energy-conscious without compromising on performance
• Marantz Announces PM6006 Integrated Amp and CD6006 CD Player at HomeTheaterReview.com.
• Marantz Debuts New Slimline NR1607 AV Receiver at HomeTheaterReview.com.