This month, Marantz will launch the new HD-AMP1 integrated amplifier, which combines a 70-watt (x2) Class D amplifier with a variety of digital and analog inputs and support for high-resolution audio up to 32/384 and DSD up to 11.2MHz. Supported file formats include WAV, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, and DSD, and the HD-AMP1's dual USB ports support the connection of computers, USB drives, and iDevices (with charging capabilities). The HD-AMP1 uses an ESS SABRE DAC and dual master clock crystals, and it includes a headphone amplifier. The suggested MSRP will be $1,099.
Marantz announces the HD-AMP1, an elegant compact digital integrated amplifier engineered to the highest Marantz purist audiophile standards. Building on the success of last year's HD-DAC1 Headphone Amplifier, the HD-AMP1 was created to serve at the center of a music system. This ultra-high-quality amp delivers 2 x 70W from a special switching amplifier circuit, providing amazing sound from all sources including the highest of high resolution audio files. It is expected to be available in January 2016 for $1,099.
Housed in an elegant compact chassis that occupies just over one square foot of desktop or shelf space, the HD-AMP1 is equipped with multiple digital inputs, including 2 optical, 1 coaxial, along with 2 USB ports. It features the ability to decode the latest generation lossless high-resolution audio file types, including WAV, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC at up to 24-bit/192-kHz resolution, along with the ability to play MP3, WMA and AAC tracks. The rear panel USB-B port features advanced noise isolation so users can connect a PC or Mac and stream even higher resolution files, up to 32-bit/384-kHz. The HD-AMP1 is equipped with the reference grade ESS SABRE DAC and dual master clock crystals for the widest bandwidth, highest dynamic range and lowest distortion, and the HD-AMP1 can also play DSD hi-res audio tracks including 2.6/5.2/11.2-MHz.
Unique Marantz audio performance with Marantz Musical Digital Filtering
The HD-AMP1 delivers 2 x 70W into 4 Ohms, clearly handling even demanding music parts thanks to an ultra-stable power supply and Marantz exclusive Current Feedback technology. The Dual Crystal Clock and a discrete DAC post filter combined with the company's highly acclaimed HDAM pre-amplifier modules make standard counted sound feel like high-resolution audio. A high-current audiophile SABRE D/A-Converter with 384-kHz/32-bit processing capability is able to reproduce even the smallest details with ease.
Special Class-D Amplifier Concept
The HD-AMP1 is the first ever Marantz Hi-Fi product that incorporated the concept of Class-D amplification. Up to now, switching (Class-D) amplifiers had certain limitations which made them unacceptable for demanding Marantz sound engineers to be used in premium Hi-Fi products. Now, the HD-AMP1 combines the unique Marantz HDAM technologies, the Class-D amplifier concept and an overall feedback loop to guarantee a consistent performance with a wide range of loudspeaker types.
The HD-AMP1 not only builds on the famous Marantz sound, it is also highly connectable. Featuring two USB ports, one on the front and one on the back, the HD-AMP1 lets users connect their favorite iDevice or USB drive to the front panel USB port, and a PC or Mac to the rear panel USB-B port to stream high resolution audio tracks. In addition it features advanced noise isolation to guard digital noise from degrading the high-resolution sound. For even more connectivity, Marantz also included two analog inputs. The USB-B works in asynchronous mode to support not only 384-kHz/32-bit high-resolution audio but also the DSD 2.8MHz, 5.6MHz and even 11.2MHz formats for maximized performance and the most direct way to enjoy excellent quality. To safeguard quality when connected to a computer, Marantz built extended isolation around the USB-B input to eliminate the chance of high frequency noise generated by the computer entering the HD-AMP1.
Elegant Chassis with Audiophile Construction
The compact, elegant chassis features a premium brushed alloy front panel with matching knobs, along with our signature Porthole round front panel 2-line OLED display, which features 3 dimming levels and off. The stylish woodtone side panels add a luxurious touch and the robust chassis features our rugged dual bottom plate construction for maximum rigidity coupled to aluminum alloy chassis feet for maximum vibration resistance.
The Marantz HD-AMP1 offers a powerful yet sophisticated sound from modern and legacy sources in a beautiful small-format appeal. ]
HD-AMP1 Integrated Amplifier with DAC-mode - Main Features
• Compact Integrated Amplifier with digital and analog inputs
• High-quality 2 x 70W (4 Ohm RMS) switching amplifier
• Marantz Current Feedback technology for detailed, natural sound
• Exclusive Marantz HDAM-SA2 technology
• Marantz Musical Digital Filtering with proprietary DSP filtering and 2 filter options
• Plays lossless WAV, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC file types, up to 24-bit/192-kHz via digital inputs
• Plays lossless WAV, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC file types up to 32-bit/384-kHz via rear USB
• 2x optical, coaxial and USB type B digital inputs capable of 384-kHz/32-bit high resolution audio, including native DSD2.8, DSD5.6 and DSD11.2 support
• Plays 2.6/5.2/11.2-MHz DSD files via rear USB
• Also plays WMA, MP3, AAC tracks
• 2 optical and 1 coaxial digital inputs
• USB-A front panel port and USB-B rear panel port
• USB-B block features advanced noise isolation
• Reference grade ESS SABRE 32-bit/384-kHz DAC
• Dual Clock for high digital accuracy
• Headphone amplifier with HDAM-SA2 and 3 gain/impedance choices
• 2 Analog inputs
• iDevice and USB drive connectivity
• Auto iDevice recharge via front USB
• Marantz SPKT-1 premium speaker connectors
• Available in black
• DTS:X Coming Soon to Top-Shelf Marantz AV Receivers and Preamps at HomeTheaterReview.com.
• Marantz AV8802 AV Processor Reviewed at HomeTheaterReview.com.