• The Pearl line provides the enhanced performance of a "modded" unit at a reasonable price and without compromising the manufacturer's warranty.
• The PM-KI-Pearl Integrated Amplifier does not have any balanced inputs or outputs which I would expect to find on a product of this quality and in this price range.
• The unit has a limited number of inputs. Apart from the specialized, phono, CD and record / monitor inputs, there are only two more inputs.
• I would have liked to have seen the ability to custom name the inputs so that the display accurately reflects the chosen source rather than a generic input designation.
Marantz's Pearl line of reference products pays homage to brand manager and audio designer Ken Ishiwata and all those who have tweaked and modified their components to get the best possible sound for their dollar. If you do not need balanced audio inputs and are seeking something a cut above the already good reference line gear, the PM-KI-Pearl Integrated Amplifier deserves a close look. If you are interested, I recommend that you do not delay as production is limited to 500 units and will likely sell out quickly.
• Read about the best integrated and audiophile stereo amps from the likes of Krell, Mark Levinson, Anthem, Arcam and many others here.
• Learn more about audiophile integrated amps from AudiophileReview.com's stereo amp resource.