• The PM5003's 36 watts per channel power output is probably not enough for users with larger/inefficient floorstanding speakers and bigger rooms.
• It doesn't have a tuner.
• The PM5003 does not offer any virtual surround listening modes (which is probably of no concern to this component's prospective audience anyway).
The Marantz PM5003 offers outstanding sound quality that is clear, natural and musically appealing. The PM5003 will not deliver the last word in low-level detail resolution, soundstage spaciousness or low-frequency authority, but neither does it add any sonically deleterious artifacts such as sonic "grit" or "haze." Given its refined performance, $449.99 price tag and convenient remote control operation, the Marantz PM5003 offers a lot to like in a sleek, attractive audio component.
• Read dozens more Marantz reviews for AV receivers, Blu-ray players, Integrated amps and much more.
• Read a review of the Marantz UD9004 Universal Disc player from HomeThearterReview.com.
• Read Integrated amp reviews from the likes of Krell, Classe, AudioResearch and many others here.