Marantz has provided details on three new AV receivers: the 5.1-channel NR1506 ($499), the 7.1-channel NR1606 ($699), and the 7.2-channel SR5010 ($899, shown here). Full details are provided below, and all three new AV receivers will be available in July/August.
Marantz, a world leader in advanced audio technologies, announces three new Network A/V Receivers, signaling the beginning to their long-awaited 2015 home theater line-up. The NR1606 and NR1506 Slim Design Network A/V Receivers are exclusively built for design and space-conscious home theater enthusiasts that do not want to compromise on performance. At the same time, the new SR5010 delivers superior sound from a full-size chassis, and comes with even more features for more advanced users. All come with the latest in audio and video technology, paired with wireless connectivity, total ease-of-use and energy-conscious performance. And share the renowned Marantz sound, Because Music Matters.
With an elegant and sophisticated appearance, the new Slim Design NR1506 Network A/V Receiver owns a five-channel amplifier with 50W per channel, delivering powerful sound with strong punch and delicate detail at the same time. Thanks to its built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities, the NR1506 offers up nearly unlimited music sources, such as Internet Radio, Pandora, SiriusXM, Spotify Connect and AirPlay. It can play music files stored on a PC or NAS drive via DLNA. Almost any file is possible including high resolution FLAC HD, ALAC, WAV 192/24 and even DSD. The iPod digital-compatible USB input on the front panel rounds up the various connectivity options.
The video section fully supports next generation 4K Ultra HD high resolution video, along with the latest HDMI 2.0a specification including 4K 60Hz pass-through and HDCP 2.2 compatibility that is required for 4K copy-protected content. It also features HDR (High Dynamic Range) and Wide Color Gamut compatibility, key components of the BT.2020 4K Ultra HD video specification. There are six HDMI inputs, including one conveniently located on the front panel, all of which support HDCP 2.2 compatibility, enough to connect modern HDMI devices such as Blu-ray players or streaming set-top-boxes.
Setup is easy with the help of the onscreen Setup Assistant, and famous Audyssey MultEQ room calibration--no need to study the manual, users can just follow the onscreen instructions. A Marantz Remote App available for Android and iOS makes daily operation a breeze. At the same time, the NR1506 includes a smart ECO mode that can automatically save significant electrical power without influencing the overall performance.
Sharing the same beautiful design, the step-up model NR1606 comes with even more features for advanced users. The NR1606 is equipped with Dolby Atmos decoding and Dolby Surround upmixing to deliver captivating multi-dimensional sound through height speakers or Dolby Atmos enabled upfiring speakers. It will also support the new object-based surround format from DTS, DTS:X, via a firmware update later this year (visit www.marantz.com/dtsx for more information).
The NR1606 further offers an advanced video section to upscale analog and digital source material up to Full HD 1080p or even 4K Ultra HD for the ultimate viewing experience. There are 8 HDMI 2.0a inputs and full support for second zone audio.
SR5010: Ultimate power, big entertainment ($899.00)
Being the first model in the standard 2015 Marantz full-size line-up, the SR5010 7.2ch Network A/V Receiver packs an unbelievable 100W of power per channel, filling even large home theaters with Marantz sound. It comes with the same features as its counterparts, but is another step up on the audio side in particular. It is not just about more power, it is made up of very high-grade audio components that have been carefully selected. The whole internal circuit further enhances audio quality by delicately handling all signals via the Marantz-own HDAMs in Current Feedback topology before they reach the speakers. Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology found on the company's Reference Series components provides superior low noise wideband performance in an all-discrete configuration, compared to conventional op amp ICs. HDAM technology provides an ultra-fast slew rate for true wideband response and maximum dynamic range to deliver optimum sound quality with today's high-resolution audio formats.
Another step up in flexibility becomes obvious by a second HDMI output to connect a projector and a TV at the same time. A 7.2 channel pre-out section and the RS-232 connection makes the SR5010 very attractive for custom installation purposes.
All three new Marantz A/V Receivers will be available in July/August.
NR1506 5.1ch Slim Design Network A/V Receiver - Main Features
· Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built in
· Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio
· 50W x 5ch (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08%THD) high-quality discrete power amplifier for powerful and detailed sound
· Audyssey MultEQ auto speaker setup and room calibration
· Audyssey Dynamic Volume and Audyssey Dynamic EQ
· Latest HDMI 2.0a version with 4k 60Hz 4:4:4 resolution
· 5+1 HDMI in / 1 HDMI out (4k 60Hz, 3D, ARC, HDR, BT2020)
· Full HDCP 2.2 support on all inputs
· MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA, AIFF
· HD Audio streaming: FLAC 192/24, DSD, ALAC
· Gapless Playback
· Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM, Internet Radio support
· Setup Assistant and GUI
· AirPlay on board
· Marantz AVR Remote App for iOS and Android devices
· ECO mode
· Available in black
NR1606 7.1ch Slim Design Network A/V Receiver - Additional Features
· 50W x 7ch (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08%THD) high-quality discrete power amplifier for powerful and detailed sound
· Dolby Atmos (5.1.2 configuration)
· DTS:X ready
· 7+1 front HDMI in / 1 HDMI out (4k 60Hz, 3D, ARC, HDR, BT2020)
· Advanced Video Processing with HDMI scaling up to 1080p, 4k 30/24 Hz
· ISF video calibration
· Advanced GUI
· Available in black
SR5010 7.2ch Network A/V Receiver - Additional Features
· Full size A/V receiver
· 100W x 7ch (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08%THD) high-quality discrete power amplifier for powerful and detailed sound
· 7+1 front HDMI in / 2 HDMI out (4k 60Hz, 3D, ARC, HDR, BT2020)
· Current Feedback topology and new Marantz HDAM
· High-grade audio components
· 7.1 multichannel input / 7.2ch pre-out
· Available in black
• Marantz AV8802 to Receive HDCP2.2 Upgrade in June at HomeTheaterReview.com.
• Marantz Releases New Midrange NA6005 Network Audio Player at HomeTheaterReview.com.