• The bass control is awesome on the Mark Levinson No. 436s, deep, controlled and fast.
• The build quality is topnotch. There is no plastic feel here. This is all-American handmade luxury.
• The customer service from Mark Levinson (not that you will ever need it with their amps) is second to none. They treat you like you are the king of the world if you ever need anything and, at these prices, that is exactly what you should expect.
• The addition of both a DC trigger and an RS-232 control of the amps is a very thoughtful touch for those controlling their systems with a Crestron, AMX or Control 4 system. The days of leaving your amp on all day are so over when power is as expensive as it is today.
• While the power on this amplifier is pretty beefy, you can find (or, I should say, I have found) the end of this amplifier in certain systems with less-efficient loudspeakers. These are extreme situations, but it is important to note this detail, compared with much larger Krell and Classe' amplifiers that I have tested in the past.
• The weight and placement of these amps is a consideration in any rack installation.
It just doesn't get much better than the Mark Levinson No. 436 power amplifiers. When it comes to openness, power, control and musicality, you just can't beat the sound you get from the Mark Levinson No. 436s. Pair these with a Mark Levinson No. 502 AV preamp, a Blu-ray player and the speakers of your choice and prepare to get the musical and theatrical soundtrack performance of your life.