Meridian Audio has announced the introduction of its new Meridian Sooloos Core Control App for iPad, providing simple yet powerful control of any Meridian Sooloos Digital Media System. Now you can sit back and relax in your favourite chair with your iPad in hand and enjoy control over what you hear, accessed via the Meridian Sooloos graphical touchscreen interface.
The new Sooloos Core Control App is a free app for iPad that extends the Meridian Sooloos user experience from fixed Control devices, such as Control 15, to the iPad.
Meridian Sooloos Digital Media Systems are designed around the idea of browsing, rather than just displaying a list of tracks. This gives the user a graphically rich, interactive experience, driven by information about music, not files or formats. Instead of displaying a list of tracks, Sooloos provides and immersive view of your content, in a way that keys directly in to the way we enjoy and think about music.
• Cover Browser - arrange the graphical display of your music collection by Artist, by Import Date, by Release Date, by Play Count, or to show your favourite internet radio channels.
• Focus - This navigation tool enables you to target how you view your collection. Focus on almost any criterion from album info, Genres, Composers and Credits, to Labels, Tags, Moods, and even forensic detail such as quality or when a track was last played. You can also recall previous saved focuses.
• Swim - Accessible from any of the main display modes, Swim is Meridian Sooloos' function that continually and intuitively selects more tracks and adds them to your Play Queue. Swim helps you rediscover music you had forgotten and providing a truly inspiring experience.
• Select and Edit mode - edit frequently-accessed album details. You can also create and edit album sets. This feature allows you to manage album Genre and Tags while you listen, and while the current album is most in mind.
• Play Queue - is a list of those albums and tracks that you have chosen to play. From the Play Queue view of your Meridian Sooloos Digital Media System you can manage the order in which your chosen tracks will play. Choose to re-order, remove, replay, loop or shuffle the contents of the Play Queue. You can even save a Play Queue as a Playlist, making it available to listen to again at any time.
• Album Details - places the equivalent of traditional sleeve liner notes in the palm of your hand. Enjoy album artwork, see other related albums - even read online reviews. There is also track-level detail including play count, duration, and Track Pick/Skip status.
• Transport and Volume Controls - give you immediate control over what you listening to, and how you listen to it, in any zone of a Meridian Sooloos Digital Media System, providing control of all Meridian Sooloos Source devices.
• Zone Selector - the Meridian Sooloos Core Control App for iPad can control all the zones of your Digital Media System. Use the Zone Selector to choose your zone, link zones, and even transfer Play Queues between one zone and another. Start listening in the living room and take your chosen music with you as you move around the house.
• Explore - browse your music collection in a more traditional, linear fashion, based on specific criteria. Choose to play either albums or individual tracks now, next, or by adding to the current Play Queue.
Meridian Sooloos Core Control App will be available for free download from the Apple App Store, pending Apple approval.