Meridian’s new “.2” series of DSP active loudspeakers includes the DSP5200.2 ($12,000/pair) and the DSP7200.2 ($30,000/pair), along with matching center-channel models. Both floorstanding models are more compact than the flagship DSP8000. The DSP7200.2 uses a 3.5-way acoustic reflex system with dual 200mm long-throw bass drivers, a 160mm polypropylene mid-driver, and a 25mm composite-dome tweeter. The smaller DSP5200.2 is a 2.5-way system with dual 160mm polypropylene bass drivers and a 25mm aluminum-dome tweeter. All models are available now.
Meridian has announced that two new special-edition DSP loudspeakers are now ready to order. The DSP5200.2 (MSRP $12,000/pair) and DSP7200.2 (MSRP: $30,000/pair) Loudspeakers take Meridian’s proprietary Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology to a new high, with a series of new and improved technological innovations that deliver superior performance in many areas.
The concept of the Digital Active DSP Loudspeaker, originally introduced by Meridian over two decades ago, provides the most accurate and effective path to high-quality sound reproduction. Setup is simple, too. Both new models house not just smart processing, but also amplification, creating a complete audio system in a loudspeaker. Just add a music source, such as a CD player or smartphone, and enjoy. To create ‘multi-room Meridian style,’ connect the company’s Media Source 200 (MSRP: $1,000), which enables wireless control of networked music libraries and brings dedicated iOS apps and Sooloos zone-controlling desktop software.
The key features and benefits of the Meridian DSP5200.2 and DSP7200.2 are:
• Advanced, high-efficiency composite dome tweeter.
• DSP active advantage-self-contained audio system with no amplification equipment needed.
• Centre elevation adjustment technology delivered with Horizontal Centre version.
• Advanced listener controls including bass, treble tilt, listening axis, volume, time-compensated balance and absolute phase.
• Outstanding performance–three powerful, built-in 75W amplifiers with DSP provide a maximum output level of 116 dB at 1m.
• Onboard DSP provides thermal and dynamic bass protection–enables high-level use for prolonged periods of time.
• Features Meridian’s proprietary Enhanced Bass Alignment (EBA) technology.
• Multiple installation applications in home and marine environments enabled by Meridian’s unique Design and Specification Service.
With a wide range of colours and shade finishes available through the Meridian Select service, Meridian’s DSP loudspeakers bring unique opportunities for optimization of driver/ amplifier/enclosure systems while giving listeners unprecedented control over music and cinema sound playback.
U.S. Confirmed Recommended Retail Prices
DSP5200.2: RRP $12,000/pair
DSP5200*HC.2: RRP $6,000/each (center channel)
DSP7200.2: RRP $30,000/pair
DSP7200*HC.2: RRP $15,000/each (center channel)
The standard colours are black and white piano lacquer finishes. Meridian Select bespoke colour service is available at a 5 percent upcharge.