Meridian has introduced a new in-wall/in-ceiling speaker, the $2,500 DSP320. Designed to sonically complement the DSP520 in-wall and Meridian’s freestanding DSP loudspeakers, the DSP320 combines a “Racetrack” oval bass driver with an 85mm wide-range driver in a 12-inch square box that measures just four inches deep. A two-channel amplifier with a linear power supply, DSP crossover, setup controls, and IR sensor is included. The DSP320 is available now.
Today’s Meridian systems deliver the closest possible approach to the original performance and, for those who prefer a loudspeaker to be heard and not seen, the company is proud announce the expansion of its current range of loudspeakers with the new compact in-wall/in-ceiling DSP320.
With the increasing demand for in-wall and in-ceiling-mounted loudspeaker designs, particularly in Custom Installation applications, Meridian has released the DSP320.
The DSP320 in-wall/in-ceiling loudspeaker is designed for in-ceiling use while also being slim enough for an in-wall set-up. It is designed to deliver similar tone qualities and compatible performance and it can also be easily integrated into systems that combine Meridian’s free-standing DSP loudspeakers with Meridian in-wall loudspeakers.
Like Meridian’s current DSP520, the DSP320 has been introduced specifically to deliver wide dispersion for maximum listening area, with minimum unwanted diffraction thanks to careful baffle and grille design. The on-board DSP provides thermal and dynamic bass protection with very accurate transients, ensuring that when the loudspeaker is played at high levels, even over prolonged periods of time, the loudspeakers always deliver a clean, detailed and accurate sound.
As with all Meridian Loudspeakers, the DSP320 is enabled with Meridian’s unique EBA technology (Enhanced Bass Alignment).
• Compact 300mm (12in) square* design only 100mm (4in) deep* delivers full DSP loudspeaker performance in-wall (*approx.)
• Back-box and frame system allows simple and easy installation, with the flexibility to ensure precise positioning
• 2-channel, high power amplifier with linear power supply, DSP crossover, setup controls, IR sensor
• Fire-rated rough-in box with AC connection and mounting hardware
• Damped, high-rigidity aluminium acoustic enclosure with internal mineral-filled midrange enclosure
• High rigidity aluminium baffle with Bass/Wide Range drive units and high contact magnetic grille clamping
• White scrim under high precision plated steel, paintable, matt white grille.
• DSP-based design delivers superior performance to conventional designs–equivalent to an enclosure of eight times the physical volume.
• Features “Racetrack” oval bass driver, and the same 85mm wide-range driver as the DSP520, for full-frequency response
• All aspects of the design including baffle and grille have been developed for maximum dispersion and listening area plus minimum unwanted diffraction
• Ideal with DSP520 and stand-alone Meridian DSP loudspeakers, with complementary sound.
Meridian DSP320 In-wall/In-ceiling Custom Installation Loudspeaker:
US Retail Price – $2,500.00 each
Back-box and frame system: $400.00 each
Meridian Announces Explorer2 USB DAC at HomeTheaterReview.com.
• Meridian Special Edition Loudspeakers Now Available at HomeTheaterReview.com.