Meridian together with its exclusive distributor in Thailand, MRD Audio Co., are launching the first Meridian Concept store in the world in the centre of one of the world’s most vibrant and exotic cities, Bangkok.
The Meridian Concept store, situated in Thailand’s most exclusive shopping complex – Siam Paragon in the upmarket Pathumwan district of Bangkok – represents the first dedicated Meridian showroom in the world, and as such will become the flagship demonstration location for the company’s range of products in Asia. Meridian products are currently available in over 50 countries, including the UK (Meridian’s home), the USA, Russia, India, China and Japan.
The Meridian Concept store is a unique retail experience, comprising a number of zones:
• The Gallery: a dedicated retail zone displaying the company’s compact products and organizational history
• The Crown Jewels: a display cabinet showcasing a current or historical ground-breaking Meridian product
• The Meridian Experience: a theatre for technical demonstrations of Meridian’s class leading home cinema products
• The Orangery: a home set-up demonstration room featuring flexible Meridian system configurations
• The Concierge Reception: an exclusive area where clients can discuss the finer details of their system and installation
Graeme Taylor, Meridian’s Director of Global Marketing, explains: “the Meridian Concept store marks an important development for Meridian Audio – the first of our concept stores in the world, and in Bangkok – the beating heart of South East Asia. We are very confident in this bold new step as the Asian market for luxury electronics is growing rapidly.”
International retail design specialists, KVB Design, developed the extraordinary concept for the showroom. Graeme Taylor comments: “In its design, this showroom aims to fuse traditional luxury with cutting edge design in a uniquely British way. We have selected natural materials such as hard woods, leather and fabrics in combination with accents of technology like fine metals and architectural glass and lighting. Reflected throughout the store is Britain’s reputation for prestige and technical luxury, which Asian consumers have long had a respect for and which have always been key pillars of the Meridian brand.”
Bangkok’s Meridian Concept store opens its doors to the public on November 12th this year and represents the next step in the company’s international expansion, which in itself affirms Meridian Audio’s on-going success in positioning the brand at the very pinnacle of international high-end audio and vision.