M&K Sound will show off its updated S150 Series at the upcoming CES 2018. The new S150 incorporates technologies from the acclaimed S300, and improvements to the tweeters, woofers, and crossovers are detailed in the press announcement below. The new S150 Series will begin shipping to dealers in February and will include bookshelf, tripole surround, in-wall, and on-wall models.
From M&K Sound
The first true update to the classic M&K S150 speaker, the new Miller & Kreisel S150 redefines sound quality and performance. The S150 is still the speaker to beat when it comes to reference monitors for professional cinema sound design or stereo recording. The new Miller & Kreisel S150 builds upon that impressive legacy by updating the design with new acoustic technology refinements.
It’s hard to beat perfection. That’s why we’ve strived to perfect it.
We’ve taken the innovative high-performance technologies from the S300 and integrated them into the new Miller & Kreisel S150. These upgrades bring the Miller & Kreisel S150 into the future and deliver new levels of sound quality to the most demanding customers in the world.
No coloration or hyped frequencies. What you hear is what you get.
The Miller & Kreisel S150 redefines what perfection is while providing a clearer sense of presence. They deliver an impressively transparent soundstage that maintains the three-dimensionality, body, weight and emotional impact–the ideal choice for home theater installations.
Built on the S300
• Created using the technologies, innovations and learnings from the newly redesigned S300.
• Selected components derived from 300 series.
New Danish-designed high-performance tweeters
• 28mm vented voice coils provide high power handling and extended linearity.
• 28mm high-precision coated soft dome.
• One-piece heavy duty cast aluminum Triple Tweeter Array plate.
• Specially constructed resonance-damped tweeter magnet-system for precise transient control.
• Integrated waveguide combined with short horn load for wide dispersion and smooth frequency response
New 5.25-inch woofers
• Aluminum distortion-killer rings for reduced distortion at high SPL levels.
• New extra-stiff coated fiberglass cone with special M&K profile geometry.
• Vented pole piece in magnet system for low compression performance.
• Vented voice coil for low compression.
New optimized crossovers
• Phase-focused crossover designs optimized for low crossover points and transient control.
• New proprietary M&K Sound interconnect cables.
• Visit the M&K Sound website for more product information.
• M&K Sound Chooses Audio Gear Group as New U.S. Distributor at HomeTheaterReview.com.