• The KWI 200 is built to a high standard and it's a very attractive piece of equipment.
• The KWI 200's sonic performance is at a reference level regarding timbres, sound-staging and offering great extension both in the high and low end.
• Since this integrated amp offers both high levels of watts and current, it will easily drive virtually any speaker on the market.
• ModWright Instruments Inc. has an excellent reputation for customer support and service to provide any information or for repairs.
• The size of the KWI 200 might make it somewhat difficult to place it in certain racks or cabinets.
• The KWI 200 has an easy to use remote control and is well made; however, it is made of plastic. If you want the remote in metal to match the KWI 200, it is a $200 upgrade.
Competition and Comparison
Based on actual listening experiences, the only other integrated amps that would sonically compare to the KWI 200 are in a higher cost category. These major competitors are the highly regarded Pass Labs INT-150 at $7,150.00 and the Simaudio 600i at $8,000.00. Both are reference level and offer great build quality and can reproduce the sound of music at extremely high levels of musical enjoyment. However, I believe that not only does the KWI 200 compete with these integrated amps, and it offers the same reference level in the area of micro-details and overall dynamics. In addition, it allows the listener to completely relax and emotionally relate to the music more than the other two integrated amps mentioned above.
Find more information in HomeTheaterReview.com's Stereo Amplifier Review section.
I believe that Dan Wright has really "hit the ball out of the park" with his new KWI 200 Integrated Amplifier. Because of its build quality, handsome, physical appearance along with its beautiful rendering of the music's timbres, warmth and details without losing its punch or macro-dynamics, I would classify the KWI 200 as one of the best integrated amps on the market today, regardless of price. I would strongly recommend to put this on your audition list if your think you are in the process of selecting an integrated amp for your system.
• Read more reviews in our Amplifier Review section.
• Find a pair of Bookshelf Speakers or Floorstanding Speakers for the KWI 200 to drive.